Administrator
Tree stench in DS2...

light citrus just

IMG_20170709_194506.jpg

aint ain't doing it for me.

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
We had too many guys saying they were sensitive to the Tea Tree when they sprayed the products. So we had to go with something more mellow. But if you miss the Tea Tree scent (I like it too) here are a couple of options...

1) Encap-1 DS still has the Tea Tree scent. Encap-1 is the "original formula". https://www.excellent-supply.com/Re...ion-Carpet-Cleaning-Products-Encap_p_307.html

2) Or you could just head to the drug store and pick up a bottle of tea tree oil. A few drops in your tank will give you a nice spicy tea tree scent... http://www.cvs.com/shop/health-medi...vs-all-natural-100-tea-tree-oil-prodid-797814

Encap-1 DS still contains Australian Tea Tree essential oil. :biggrin:

encap-1-flyer-shot.jpg

Reactions: Nate The Great

Mikey P

Administrator
What's the dilution rate on DS1?

And how do I keep this sleeve from continuously falling out?

1499659048709306287352.jpg

And while I'm in a bitch mood, tell Cimex to put a cord clip on the prong end for cripes sakes...
14996591900311351574499.jpg

Reactions: Josh

GeeeAus

Supportive Member
Name
Grant Baverstock

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
Dilution on Encap-1 is the same as Encap-Clean DS2 - 4 oz per gallon.

If the bearing sleeve is popping out of the pivot arm assembly, it's because the yellow shroud has become bent/deformed. The shroud gets bent when the head is banged/slammed upward. It's important to lift the head with care when transporting the machine. The weight of the motor can bash the yellow shroud into the blue forks of the machine with pretty strong pressure, so it's important to try to minimize the force when you pivot the head upward. Being cautious when pivoting the head of the machine upward can help prevent the shroud from becoming distorted. To fix the problem, you'll need to be bend the shroud back straight again (reshape/straighten the shroud). And the pivot arm assembly will need to be replaced.

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
The original formula could irritate the lungs when it gets sprayed. The original surfactant could become an irritant to mucous membrane. It was not hazardous, simply an irritant when the atomized droplets became airborn. (Kind of like the irritation that occurs when you get hair shampoo in your eyes) The coughing didn't normally occur if the detergent was shower-fed; like you do with a Cimex machine.

To overcome the coughing-while-spraying issue that some were having - we reformulated. We've gone with a different surfactant and changed the scent in DS2. (Think of baby shampoo) DS2 has the same cleaning power. It's simply easier to breathe when it gets sprayed.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
The original formula could irritate the lungs when it gets sprayed. The original surfactant could become an irritant to mucous membrane.

it may have been the surfactant that irritated me the most??? ..cause I know there were other 'poos on the market that did same .

.L.T.A.

steve_64

I didn't know I could still get the original. Loved that stuff snotty nose and all.
Might have to make an order again.

Reactions: encapman

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
By the way Mike, Cimex has now beefed up the shroud. The newer machines, as well as the replacement shrouds, seem to be holding up better than the old ones. The older style shroud was thinner and it was easier for it to bend/deform; which would cause the pivot bracket bearings to pop out. It may be worthwhile for you to replace the shroud and pivot brackets when you get a chance. That will sort things out for you.

Mikey P

Administrator
Rick there is no damage to the shroud or anything else, the rubber coated bearing sleeve just wiggles itself out on occasion.
Is a glue or epoxy the answer?

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I really like the smell of the Hoss envirocap stuff It smells like Coca-Cola. But the stuff just is clumpy as hell. I had to use a paint strainer to pour it out. Just awful! Ended up clogging my orbot. Worst stuff ever.

I love the DS2. When I was doing some sinky classrooms I threw in a splash of SaigerCide with awesome results.

Last edited:
Reactions: Old Coastie

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Adding anything but ammonia will clog up any encap/scampoo to make it gooey and sticky.

Especially a "Cide"

Reactions: Nomad74

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Adding anything but ammonia will clog up any encap/scampoo to make it gooey and sticky.

Especially a "Cide"
It doesn't seem to be a problem with DS2.

And just to be clear, I didn't add anything to the the other stuff. It just comes out of the bottle clumpy as hell.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
You know I think that will work!

Try some Betco Fibercap MP if you have it local. I use it at 4 oz per gallon and it smells real good.

Reactions: Nomad74

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom