I need a new truck.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
I'm counting down the days I upgrade into a box.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
Jim Martin said:
[quote="steve g":1798birp]I am absolutely not a fan of isuzu cab over trucks I drove them for 3 years when I worked for another company we had a fleet of 6 of them, the diesel one was the best of the bunch the gas models were terrible, terrible interior fit and finish, well I could list it out lets just say everything was garbage from the engine to the rear end. I think the UD cab overs are likely far better. I also never liked knowing there was glass and a very very thin cab between me and death. the cab of those trucks is a beer can. I would get something with a van front end on it. or a chassis cab dually pickup with an extended frame and a box on it.

my chevy W4500 which in all accounts is just like the isuzu..is absolutely no comparison to my old UD....

the 4500 drives like a Lexus.....smooth as can be...you can here your phone....play CD's and here all of the song...cruse control..all the bells and whistles you could want...all the power you need and then some to spare....great gas mileage...

the UD drove like a log wagon...you put a CD in and you only heard on word from every track.....and that was just backing out of the drive way....very rough ride...cant climb a hill no matter how hard you push it.....horrible gas mileage...

I would never own another UD...

now I will agree that sometimes you don't get that warm and fuzzy feeling driving around in a fish bowl...but really it is no more dangerous then a loaded down van....[/quote:1798birp]

jim, we just see it differently suppose but I don't have one and have no reason for having my opinion or axe to grind. The ones I drove if you adjusted the lever that adjusts where the air comes out of the vents be it floor or defrost and in between. if you moved this lever quickly back in forth in a brand new off the show room truck 10 times, you would break something inside the dash. never seen a trans last longer than 30k miles, never seen one of the 350 chevy gas motors last much longer than 100k miles. rear ends went out every year when it snowed, because the spider gears in the rear were weak and would leave chunks of metal in the differential. the brakes were terrible and would warp right after a fresh brake job or even soon after the truck was new. by nature of sitting over the axles you would feel every bump. the interior parts and panels had gaping gaps in them, never in any vehicle have I ever seen or driven which in my time working for at least 3 companies who maintained fleets of over 30 vehicles of various makes did I see such poor interior construction of fit and finish. I really can't think of anything good to say about the trucks, also BTW with a mix of city and highway mileage, mileage was NEVER more than 8mpg on any of the gas trucks, and that was across the board with the 10 or so npr's I was around over that time. its your money buy what you want, but I will not be buying an NPR or 4500, oh yeah one good thing they were easy to drive and get around in and handled great for a truck of that size.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
steve g said:
[quote="Jim Martin":2cx9kv7k][quote="steve g":2cx9kv7k]I am absolutely not a fan of isuzu cab over trucks I drove them for 3 years when I worked for another company we had a fleet of 6 of them, the diesel one was the best of the bunch the gas models were terrible, terrible interior fit and finish, well I could list it out lets just say everything was garbage from the engine to the rear end. I think the UD cab overs are likely far better. I also never liked knowing there was glass and a very very thin cab between me and death. the cab of those trucks is a beer can. I would get something with a van front end on it. or a chassis cab dually pickup with an extended frame and a box on it.

my chevy W4500 which in all accounts is just like the isuzu..is absolutely no comparison to my old UD....

the 4500 drives like a Lexus.....smooth as can be...you can here your phone....play CD's and here all of the song...cruse control..all the bells and whistles you could want...all the power you need and then some to spare....great gas mileage...

the UD drove like a log wagon...you put a CD in and you only heard on word from every track.....and that was just backing out of the drive way....very rough ride...cant climb a hill no matter how hard you push it.....horrible gas mileage...

now I will agree that sometimes you don't get that warm and fuzzy feeling driving around in a fish bowl...but really it is no more dangerous then a loaded down van....[/quote:2cx9kv7k]

jim, we just see it differently suppose but I don't have one and have no reason for having my opinion or axe to grind. The ones I drove if you adjusted the lever that adjusts where the air comes out of the vents be it floor or defrost and in between. if you moved this lever quickly back in forth in a brand new off the show room truck 10 times, you would break something inside the dash. never seen a trans last longer than 30k miles, never seen one of the 350 chevy gas motors last much longer than 100k miles. rear ends went out every year when it snowed, because the spider gears in the rear were weak and would leave chunks of metal in the differential. the brakes were terrible and would warp right after a fresh brake job or even soon after the truck was new. by nature of sitting over the axles you would feel every bump. the interior parts and panels had gaping gaps in them, never in any vehicle have I ever seen or driven which in my time working for at least 3 companies who maintained fleets of over 30 vehicles of various makes did I see such poor interior construction of fit and finish. I really can't think of anything good to say about the trucks, also BTW with a mix of city and highway mileage, mileage was NEVER more than 8mpg on any of the gas trucks, and that was across the board with the 10 or so npr's I was around over that time. its your money buy what you want, but I will not be buying an NPR or 4500, oh yeah one good thing they were easy to drive and get around in and handled great for a truck of that size.[/quote:2cx9kv7k]

I guess the differance is the Chevy W4500....it is nothing like what your describing.....great gas mileage ...I drove that log wagon UD for over 4 years....diesel gas is way more expensive...and it could not get out of it own way

I got 45,520 miles on my truck and so far....it still powers in top shape...

Don't know what to tell you...4 years in a UD and it will be 2 years in Augest in the Chevy...would never go back.....

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
If you need a truck try here:
Jarco 1-800-498-1063

If you need equipment call me:
812-754-1447

Captain Morgan

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Morgan
Jim Martin said:
http://www.nexttruckonline.com/trucks-for-sale/by-make/Chevrolet/W4500/1301542

its diesel....and take that rack off the top.....

How much extra would it cost to install a roll up or panel door on the side?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Captain Morgan said:
[quote="Jim Martin":28nyeugy]http://www.nexttruckonline.com/trucks-for-sale/by-make/Chevrolet/W4500/1301542

its diesel....and take that rack off the top.....

How much extra would it cost to install a roll up or panel door on the side?[/quote:28nyeugy]

I honestly do not know ......I have heard ranges fron $800 to $1200...

I have never had one done.....

floorguy said:
op type machine...

would be cleaner then that porty...

just saying

You have no clue!

I'm going to clean the nastiest carpet I can find with it and you tell me if OP cleans better.

It's just easy for small jobs, spotting, condos, small upholstery jobs, or whatever.

Don't let it's size fool you.

Name
Yohance
I want to upgrade into a box truck next as well. Really need the room plus I like the idea of keeping the heat and smells separate from the cab.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
steve g said:
[quote="Jim Martin":1jyranal][quote="steve g":1jyranal]I am absolutely not a fan of isuzu cab over trucks I drove them for 3 years when I worked for another company we had a fleet of 6 of them, the diesel one was the best of the bunch the gas models were terrible, terrible interior fit and finish, well I could list it out lets just say everything was garbage from the engine to the rear end. I think the UD cab overs are likely far better. I also never liked knowing there was glass and a very very thin cab between me and death. the cab of those trucks is a beer can. I would get something with a van front end on it. or a chassis cab dually pickup with an extended frame and a box on it.

now I will agree that sometimes you don't get that warm and fuzzy feeling driving around in a fish bowl...but really it is no more dangerous then a loaded down van....[/quote:1jyranal]

jim, we just see it differently suppose but I don't have one and have no reason for having my opinion or axe to grind. The ones I drove if you adjusted the lever that adjusts where the air comes out of the vents be it floor or defrost and in between. if you moved this lever quickly back in forth in a brand new off the show room truck 10 times, you would break something inside the dash. never seen a trans last longer than 30k miles, never seen one of the 350 chevy gas motors last much longer than 100k miles. rear ends went out every year when it snowed, because the spider gears in the rear were weak and would leave chunks of metal in the differential. the brakes were terrible and would warp right after a fresh brake job or even soon after the truck was new. by nature of sitting over the axles you would feel every bump. the interior parts and panels had gaping gaps in them, never in any vehicle have I ever seen or driven which in my time working for at least 3 companies who maintained fleets of over 30 vehicles of various makes did I see such poor interior construction of fit and finish. I really can't think of anything good to say about the trucks, also BTW with a mix of city and highway mileage, mileage was NEVER more than 8mpg on any of the gas trucks, and that was across the board with the 10 or so npr's I was around over that time. its your money buy what you want, but I will not be buying an NPR or 4500, oh yeah one good thing they were easy to drive and get around in and handled great for a truck of that size.[/quote:1jyranal]

I guess the differance is the Chevy W4500....it is nothing like what your describing.....great gas mileage ...I drove that log wagon UD for over 4 years....diesel gas is way more expensive...and it could not get out of it own way

I got 45,520 miles on my truck and so far....it still powers in top shape...

Don't know what to tell you...4 years in a UD and it will be 2 years in Augest in the Chevy...would never go back.....[/quote]

Dude how many years ago was this???

Over 5???

because if so...they have changed a ton......i am guessing closer to 10 yrs...which for vehicles...is a fooking life time...

and its been close to 5 or more years since they done away with the 350....they are the 6 liters now, not the 5.7

FredC

Village Idiot
all this petty bickering........

My advice?

you need a new truck? Buy one........................problem solved...............

but that is $X/month you can't spend on a 10............and roids

FredC said:
all this petty bickering........

My advice?

you need a new truck? Buy one........................problem solved...............

but that is $X/month you can't spend on a 10............and roids

Ummm I have never taken any kind of juice. Never even considered it. I don't even take multi vitamins or creatine.

Just eat three times a day and drink some protein shakes.

And I'm not afraid to lift the heavy weight. That's why I have added 25 pounds of solid muscle over the past 13 months.

315 pound box squats done after 405 deadlifts. Easy weight!

It's all natural and I'm pretty stong.

3]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyCjyQm6uCI3]

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
first :45 youll hear it....watch the whole thing cuz its funny to....but what i wanted is in the first :45

x]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtk5Ej-xLsMx]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom