I never get tired of these tables

Name
cameron demille
I posted these a while back on another forum, but I thought I'd share here.

I have refinished nearly a dozen of these now. They are sold by KREISS, a high end designed furniture store. I have seen two different combinations of stone, but with the same pattern. One is Emperador Dark/Limestone, the other is Emperador Dark/Bottocino marble.

Each of the two stones are drastically different. Emperador is a very hard marble and the limestone is very soft. Typical rule of thumb when dealing with a combo is to treat the entire surface like the most difficult stone in there. In this case, both stones would usually be taken very high with diamonds individually, however the polishing compound I use for each of these stone are different.

For the Emperador I usually use something like MB-12 from MB Stone Care, which is very hot (high acid content). It is used wet-to-dry and pretty much burnished in until dry.

For the limestone I use KP-92 from Samich USA. It is effective like 5x, but in a user-friendly paste form and can be used wet to dry as well as wet. It also won't etch when it splatters.

For this particular table, I did a quick polish with KP-92 to get most of the polish, keeping it very wet. This keeps the friction to a minimum, reducing the possibility of orange peeling the limestone. Then I went over it again with the MB-12 lightly to get the final pop, sort of like a glaze.

The reason I do two different compounds is because of the limestone. Limestone needs to be kept cool or it will orange peel easily. Continually polishing, even with a wet compound, will eventually generate some texture. The idea is to use the KP-92 wet and stop before you get the final pop going. You can keep going and get a very nice finish, but I'm sort of OCD with this stuff and I always try and get it as perfect as possible.

Using the MB-12 on limestone will make it very shiny, but going from a diamond finish to a full polish on some will texture it. MB-12 generates a lot of friction, so doing a light application to top off the polish keeps it cool and pretty smooth, without too much friction.

This table wasn't it bad shape, but they wanted it like new.

SULpwLJ.jpg

pOjPWdP.jpg

WX82RaR.jpg

kOm0lnM.jpg

GS9Cgex.jpg

This is after diamond refinishing, before polishing. Getting the finish to this point with diamonds makes the powder polishing much easier and faster.

1ySHAW7.jpg

kWZkaHN.jpg

eSLpAQ5.jpg

After the KP-92. Notice the blurry reflection, but nice shine

Huemxom.jpg

After the MB-12. Notice the crisp clarity and brighter reflection.

a8HbgGI.jpg

TiPaOYB.jpg

iBsiyhT.jpg

Notice there is no dip or bob int he reflection. This is why rigid diamonds are a good idea. Most of the time it isn't an issue, but when you have a surface with extremely soft and extremely hard (relatively) together, it's a good idea.

kDrUHGA.jpg

CleaningLA

Name
Fernando
That is awesome to see.
I just finished taking Robs Course in Anaheim and look forward to practicing my skills to this with time.

Bee Busy

Name
Bee Busy
Nice work like usual Cameron...for anyone that's looking to advance their skills and pay with their business into the stone industry you should contact Cameron and Ted McFadden at www.easystonecare.com I've traveled down to SoCAl for the class and it's a great hands class, no books and lectures...all hands on no BS

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom