I really want a Butler, but...

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
This why I truly believe the modern cleaner has out grown the cargo van.

I know few like box trucks and for others they are impractical due city work or branches or restricted neighborhood parking. However it only makes sense to have a rolling cleaning plant within the rolling billboard.

Heat, fumes, loose tools are all back away from the driver. Carry everything you need and still have plenty of room to spare.

Carry your own water, large hose reel, extra hose Cimex, OP 175, machines, CRB, Turbo tools, Zipper, 360, Devastor wand. Take it all and more.
:cool:

hogjowl

Idiot™
I've got room in my van for everything I use, even my Cimex. I don't carry the Cimex all the time because I don't want to have to move it around to get to things.

No box truck needed here, but I don't do restoration.

Like goober does.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
It always is...unless you have smaller.

Creative packing is no fun and not practical. Something packed at the front is going to really be needed or its going to stay where its stored. So I'm told. :shifty: :redface: :biggrin:

Reactions: ronbeatty

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I've got room in my van for everything I use, even my Cimex. I don't carry the Cimex all the time because I don't want to have to move it around to get to things.

No box truck needed here, but I don't do restoration.

Like goober does.
I'm talking in general. We have specific use vehicles for WDR. Loaded and ready to roll when needed.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
You don't need to carry everything you own in the truck at all times. My first stop in the morning or last stop in the evening is at the shop. I plan out my day and prepare the truck for those specific jobs.

Reactions: Bruce Humphrey

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
That works for happy-
images
types and long term planners, Ron.
The rest of us like to have the equipment necessary to handle most jobs thrown our way. And not go home every night and rearrange the van.

The way the Butler system is laid out Lee, even before the installed shelves, there's less space available left. Period.
People are willing to put up with that due to real and perceived advantages and adjust to what they have. Its a trade off.

Name
Scott Turknett
I've been talking to Butler for a couple of months and REALLY like their system for all the obvious reasons. I want the 210 waste tank, but that set up leaves very little room for all the tools needed to clean carpet and tile these days. I was told a regular size van has 21 x 31 inches of open space in the rear, and the extended van has 21 x 50 inches of space.
Does anyone have a Butler with the 210 waste tank? If so, do you pull a cargo trailer behind it for your tools? I really want one, but...
This is why I replaced my butler with a hydramaster cds
image.jpeg

I can literally fit twice as much tooling as I did in my butler.

ronbeatty

Name
Ron Beatty
No, I cannot:(. Tomorrow I am going out to see a friend of mine that owns a custom truck building company to see about adding 10" in height. I will never order another short box, they are a pain in the neck;););)

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom