I used one of the worse wands ever today

Mikey P

Administrator
The orange DangPro.

First time I actually used it since getting it in September.
First off the lower bend is off kilter, it bends to the right so it's like using a wheelbarrow with its load all on one side. A total struggle.
Second, it's too heavy (thick wall Titanium and the one piece manifold) and has too much airflow for VAT use so again, a struggle..
The swivel is loose as a goose and with the goofy bend and the too steep lower S bend, it's more of a struggle.
Drips like crazy..
The powder coat is flaking away rapidly..

Fail.

I got it for free and I'm pissed, if I paid $800- $1200 I'd be fvcking irate.
Thank God I had my 4 jet Prochem to use while Javier used the swivle. It's been months since he used a rigid wand so he was a bit shocked at how nice and easy it was and due to the PC being 12 and the Dang 8 flow, quickly noticed the improved cleaning. Keep in mind he only has less than two years under his belt so the noting of the subtle differences are still developing.
I'm curious what wand he'll grab tomorrow...?
My guys are to rough on stuff to buy them Tom Wands so when their three swivle wands fail, it's back to the tougestt wand ever made.

The Prochem Tianium.

Attachments

• IMG_20170509_112349.jpg
    IMG_20170509_112349.jpg
    178.4 KB · Views: 429
  • IMG_20170510_160423.jpg
    IMG_20170510_160423.jpg
    422.6 KB · Views: 200

SamIam

Name
sam miller
By the way Toms swivel is the shiet, but it could kill your guys wrist it's a little heavy.

Would need holed glides with all that vacuum.

When I get tired I use the sapphire titanium with a slot glide lots of suck, super light.

I got couple Ti wands still too.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
By the way Toms swivel is the shiet, but it could kill your guys wrist it's a little heavy.

Would need holed glides with all that vacuum.

When I get tired I use the sapphire titanium with a slot glide lots of suck, super light.

I got couple Ti wands still too.
I've seen you and sissy mary, I mean Marty, whine about how the suction is on Tom's wand is so much better to need a holed glide. It seems to me that you guys haven't used a mach15 with the big opening. When I used Tom's wand in Nashville, it wasn't any harder than my mach15 on pushing it.

And another thought is how far are you pulling back your wand, if you're not picking up to reposition it to push it forward. I've found that if you're leaving it on the carpet the whole time, you will put more stress on your shoulder. If you pick it up, you're not putting that twist in your joints. And you won't lose enough lift to matter with the size of your truck mounts. If you had a little 318 or blazer...I'd say leave that wand on the carpet, don't pick it up.

Otherwise, put that slotted glide back on that wand. I can't see a holed glide giving you any better dry times. I don't care what the numbers show on the lift. You're losing suction

Reactions: Mikey P

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Will a Mach15 fit in a trailer?
I was talking about my trailer experiences to Mikey just yesterday. I'll admit it, I'm burned out on pulling my trailer. But I must say, I've gotten a lot more exercise on my process of maneuvering it all day.

And I have a great spot to put my wand in it. Hopefully, it'll be my air duct and WD restoration trailer soon when I get a van in a year or two.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
My Devastator wand fit nicely in my promaster this week. But it was a joke using it with my EDIC Porty. I wanted to kill myself. Finally got my van and 870 back from the shop yesterday and went immediately to work. Man I love my TM. Going from an 870 to a porty was awful! I missed the scream of my wand.
Very similar to the sound you make when you hit your thumb with a hammer.

Reactions: Nomad74

GeeeAus

Supportive Member
Name
Grant Baverstock
My Devastator wand fit nicely in my promaster this week. But it was a joke using it with my EDIC Porty. I wanted to kill myself. Finally got my van and 870 back from the shop yesterday and went immediately to work. Man I love my TM. Going from an 870 to a porty was awful! I missed the scream of my wand.
I feel similarly when I do a job without the VacBoost. The tool roar just isn't the same.

Reactions: Nomad74

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
.....I missed the scream of my wand.
Which reminds me:

Three old men are discussing their sex lives.

The Italian man says, "Last week, my wife and I had great sex. I rubbed her body all over with olive oil. We made passionate love, and she screamed for 5 minutes at the end."

The Frenchman boasts, "Last week when my wife and I had sex, I rubbed her body all over with butter. We then made passionate love and she screamed for 15 minutes."

The old Jewish man says, "So, last week my wife and I had sex too. I rubbed her body all over with schmaltz (chicken fat), we made love, and she screamed for 6 hours."

The Italian and Frenchman were stunned. They replied, "What could you have possibly done to make your wife scream for 6 hours?"

"I wiped my hands on the drapes."

Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Lyman
Your guys must be animals or you are making it look like that. My wand is 6 months older then yours and looks like new. The only thing to wear out was the glide. And I recieved two glides when I BOUGHT MINE.

Attachments

• lyms pics 010.jpg
    lyms pics 010.jpg
    266.2 KB · Views: 173

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I've seen you and sissy mary, I mean Marty, whine about how the suction is on Tom's wand is so much better to need a holed glide. It seems to me that you guys haven't used a mach15 with the big opening. When I used Tom's wand in Nashville, it wasn't any harder than my mach15 on pushing it.

And another thought is how far are you pulling back your wand, if you're not picking up to reposition it to push it forward. I've found that if you're leaving it on the carpet the whole time, you will put more stress on your shoulder. If you pick it up, you're not putting that twist in your joints. And you won't lose enough lift to matter with the size of your truck mounts. If you had a little 318 or blazer...I'd say leave that wand on the carpet, don't pick it up.

Otherwise, put that slotted glide back on that wand. I can't see a holed glide giving you any better dry times. I don't care what the numbers show on the lift. You're losing suction

Mach 15 is way lighter then the the Devastator and doesn't lock down near as bad.

I do have one it's also easy to use. A really good wand.

Go back to a pc quad without a glide it's more like that.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Mach 15 is way lighter then the the Devastator and doesn't lock down near as bad.

I do have one it's also easy to use. A really good wand.

Go back to a pc quad without a glide it's more like that.
PFFT! I have a quad also. It's nowhere near as bad as a quad. I'll argue all day about that

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom