I was even amazed with Fiber Protector

T Monahan

Supportive Member
Name
Tom Monahan
Here is a 90 line Chinese rug treated both sides with Fiber Protector. Normally, it would wet out in just a moment or two in my Centrum Force Wash Tub. But instead, after 5 minutes of washing, nothing but beads of water. It took 10 minutes to wet out enough to sink and start swimming.
FP_Chinese_ 20160323_081546.jpg

Here is 10 minutes later:
FP_Chinese_Underwater_20160323_085754.jpg
https://www.facebook.com/A2FiberProtector/

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
@T Monahan, curios as to why you are washing this rug that has FP on it. Did you apply it awhile ago and now the customer is getting it cleaned, or did you do this as a test to see how rugs treated with FP react to washing?

And, why were both sides treated? I assume if you treated both sides you are doing this for some testing purposes. I supposed treated rugs could present some challenges for cleaning. Would love to know how this turned out.

T Monahan

Supportive Member
Name
Tom Monahan
@T Monahan, curios as to why you are washing this rug that has FP on it. Did you apply it awhile ago and now the customer is getting it cleaned, or did you do this as a test to see how rugs treated with FP react to washing?

And, why were both sides treated? I assume if you treated both sides you are doing this for some testing purposes. I supposed treated rugs could present some challenges for cleaning. Would love to know how this turned out.

We just treated both sides awhile ago. Today was a day for a test wash with video:

Reactions: Mikey P
Name
Nate W.
Pretty cool information... I logged in the webinar but my connection was poor... Thing kept freezing on me... I'm defiantly going to watch the webinar when it's up...

What's the average price for protecting a 6'x9' 90line Chinese rug? What type of neutral spotter are you offering to clean up said spills?

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
@Nate The Great , you can charge what you want. Pricing isn't set. Some charge $2.00 sq. ft and others up to $4.00 sq. ft. to apply to area rugs. Depends on what your market can support. I imagine in Hawaii you'd do fine charging the upper end.

Reactions: Kellie Hiler

Ron K

Tom does not sell the product to carpet cleaners.

or even Nebraskan house husbands.
OK I'll bite. Who does? I got two letters from some Protection Company, warning and telling me they would call...crickets!

Chet

Name
Chet Sadowski
Most of us Fiber Protector dealers used to use another premium product until some of us did some independent testing on our own and found that it didn't live up to it's claims. Someone in our group came across Fiber Protector America and did find that it is a premium protector. We have been testing it for several years now and like Tom showed above, it outperforms every other protector out there. We work with Designers and a few high end furniture stores to get most of our new work. And then we sell it to our repeat clients as a premium protector for there investment grade textiles. If you have a high end cleaning business or are in the right demographics you can become a dealer and make some good money applying it.

Reactions: Mikey P

Chet

Name
Chet Sadowski
My wife and I started our business just over 30 years ago. We clean Carpet, Upholstery, Leather, Tile, Stone, Wood Floors, Rugs, and Draperies. We restore Leather, and Rugs. We have a Dry cleaning plant for processing Draperies, shades and blinds. We also have an in plant Rug Cleaning operation using a washtub, centrifuge and other misc.. equipment. We have 5 fully stocked and operational in home cleaning trucks and 2 Drapery/ Rug trucks for picking up and delivering and re-hanging window treatments. We don't do Fire or water restoration but we work with many restoration firms restoring rugs, draperies and other high-end furnishings.

We are in the Metro Detroit area and have 2 major competitors (Hagopian and Modernistic) they are so big that Stanley Steamer isn't very large in this area. So when we started our business we had to find a niche in such a highly competitive market. Thanks to Chuck Violand, Howard Partridge and Steve Toburen, they taught me how to market to high end residential clients. We built relationships with all the carpet and furniture retailers in our area and also built relationships with Interior Designers. As Chuck said 25 years ago "high end residential isn't recession proof but it is recession resistant". We came through this last recession without a reduction in business or staff and have been growing steadily. We actually bought the adjacent building next door to us 3 years ago and are going through a major renovation for our offices as I write this. So we now have two 8000 sq. foot buildings in which we operate.

I believe we have the most skilled cleaning technicians anywhere that give the highest level of customer service you can imagine. We are continually improving our systems and doing advanced training with our staff to insure that we stay way ahead of our competition. We have to differentiate ourselves in every possible way in order to hold our spot in our marketplace.

Reactions: Chris A

T Monahan

Supportive Member
Name
Tom Monahan
Very impressive Chet.

Its an honor to have you here.

And you were smart enough to buy into FPA..

Chet is a good guy. His wife is the best thing going for him. Now, I waiting for him to really buy me out so that I can work for him

Chet

Name
Chet Sadowski
Sally, said thank you Tom. She was having a bad day so your compliment helped. By the way Tom builds absolutely the best rug cleaning equipment, it's over built and will last a lifetime. Trust me I've done a lot research and shopping. Plus it's Michigan made by skilled craftsmen. I always want a discount from Tom but it never happens, because you get what you pay for.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I had a fellow trying to sell something similar in the mid 1990's. Sounds like the same type of product. Maybe you can educate us on the advantage over teflon or scotchgard or silicon or co-polymers

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I remember now, the company was called Fiber Seal. I think it was some type of polymeric coating. You had to buy a franchise to get it.

Chet

Name
Chet Sadowski
You have to become a licensed dealer, which gives you rights to a specific territory. The territory varies because of demographics but mine is 50 miles from our base of operations. The original buy in is something like $6500.00 and you get about 1/2 the amount in product. So it is costing you about $3000.00 for the license. The product costs about $150.00 gallon RTU. We have a strong base of designers and high end clients so I was very confident in signing the agreement and I had been testing the product for about 6 months before I bought in. You have to charge a premium to apply it but it is the best protection we have found and people are willing to spend a premium for it.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
I remember now, the company was called Fiber Seal. I think it was some type of polymeric coating. You had to buy a franchise to get it.
FiberSeal was a franchise company that sold insurance programs disguised as warranties and using a silicone-based protectant. It was just one of many almost identical companies selling the same thing. This was in the 80s, the heyday of silicone, when everyone was pouring Kool-Aid on carpet to prove how good their product was. Unfortunately the product wasn't so good at protecting against anything but water/sugar. FiberSeal switched to using a fluoropolymer when the complaints piled up, and still exists as an insurance company selling protectant warranties. Everyone else that sold silicones back then went out of business.

As far as the FP product, I need to hear more than "It's great!" "Customers like it" "If you question the product I believe in, you're an idiot!" I'm genetically inclined to like stuff from Norway, but all the marketing I've seen so far is insanely close to the obfuscation I'm familiar with from the old silicone providers. The cynical curmudgeon is instantly wary.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Wow did Oz admit to being an idiot? ;)

Thanks Oz, sometimes we need a voice of reason amidst all the praises. It seems to be a great product, but then don't they all. :winky:

Back
Top Bottom