I wonder if Billy had

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Thanks Shawn, but I own my equipment free and clear, it's all in good good shape and should get another 2 to 3 years on it before I'll think about replacing it.

I have no need or desire to go into big debt right now.
I only work on the truck part time, and I have no intention of putting the little genies out on the road in a $90K TM

..L.T.A.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
who are we to judge who does what.....or how...

we should all just be thankful the man is OK and has plans for himself and his family's future and move on......

I am more then sure that he is more than competent enough to make his own mind up on what he wanted to do or how he wanted to do it.........

you all talk about him like he is dumber then a box of rocks and could not make up his own mind.........I am will to bet no one held him at gun point to make his decision

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
It still sounds like a mentorship gone bad. I would LOVE to have a V/Aerotech. I would never place it in a ROOKIES hand. Its a TM somebody should buy when they have established a nice biz and want to make it grow.

Golden Boy

rhyde

Name
rhyde
Shawn York said:
Just be honest with yourself and admit that the problem here is that it bothers you when you see others reaching and aspiring to more than mediocrity when you don't have the mojo to do it yourself.

that's got to sting a little meat

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Shawn York said:
Just be honest with yourself and admit that the problem here is that it bothers you when you see others reaching and aspiring to more than mediocrity when you don't have the mojo to do it yourself.

Don't be silly Shawn.
It;s not about "risk"
It's about going in big debt when there's no need.
I like having a debt free biz.
Less stress in the winter time and more money in my pocket.

I am kind of curious what your bosses at Blueline think when they hear all the TMs they've sold over the years are just "mediocre"
I'm curious what they think when it's suggested by you that every other TM ain't sheet.
I've considered a ThermalWave as my next TM.

Maybe I'll take a look at one of Judson's mega TMs instead.
Since all the other "mediocre" TMs your boss and everyone else builds ain't sheet

I still love you Shawn (cause I think you're a "true" believer)
But you don't know when to shut up.
They don't call "Yappy" for nuttin, do they?

..L.T.A.

diamond brian

Shawn's using the I believe in it so strongly, I'd shoot myself if I couldn't have it defense. Well played.

This is none of my business Shawn, but you've made some really stupid posts here today. You sound like a coke-head car salesman.

To assert that one needs your product in order to achieve is absurd and displays your ignorance.

There are many good businessmen on this board who could buy and sell you several times over. You should really feel embarrassed for the things you say.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
ahhhh.......this reminds me of the good ole ICS board days, this is pretty funny that when the chains of the ICS moderator Evan are taken off there are quite a few people who agree with me.

I will admit a clean nice looking wraped box truck can make one helluva an impression on potential customers, I am all for seperating yourself from the rest, however why can't one make the same statement with a wrapped box truck and with a slide in installed into it?? maybe I should do it and have shawn give me one of those swirly vortex logos, :lol:

vortex owners do have an ego the size of a football field, this tends to be offensive to others, because I can clean a typical residential carpet with 150ft of vac hose out, while pulling hoses, and grooming carpets and still my water is bypassing the solenoid because I have more heat than I can use, I can clean a carpet with my little 12k slide in and I don't even need a 175, many others know this as well. I guess according to shawn a vortex is makeing up for lack of cleaning talent, I see it that same way too, maybe my talent is saving me 80 something k and my retirement.

cashing in retirement, 401k, savings etc, for a vortex, give me a damn break, who is the demographic that buys a vortex, your owner/operator right?? so lets see someone is doing all that and spending 90k and all they are doing is owning a job?? that is right owning a job!!!! you don't get a business system or any type of organization, you own an expensive job that depreciates rather fast, contrary to what vortex owners say, would it not be better to have access to that money for other units that can be in more than one place, or other resources to grow your business to more than owning a job??

venturi isn't buying new vortaceees the fact is the machine does not make you successful It just can't, most carpet cleaners can't even manage to tuck in their shirts, wear sweat pants, tennis shoes, old faded jeans, have long hair and generally look like a biker or in some cases worse, If you wanna really do something concentrate on your personal appearance, wear nice button shirts and dress pants, who is the lady going to call next time, the well groomed guy with a clean van, or a biker dude with a vortex?? personal appearance is more important than the size of your truck, steve g's famous quote, vortex owners "stop comparing dick sizes with yourself"

harryhides

Name
Tony
Waldo said:
It still sounds like a mentorship gone bad. I would LOVE to have a V/Aerotech. I would never place it in a ROOKIES hand. Its a TM somebody should buy when they have established a nice biz and want to make it grow.
Golden Boy

Danny Strickland said:
all things being equal (wands hoses sprayers etc) how is it easier to clean with a Vortex? you're using the same muscles in your arms and legs, back etc???
if what Shawn meant by it being "easier" with a vortex is one pass cleaning then he should have just said that. saying you would kill yourself over the use of anything less makes him a complete idiot IMO!!! if his family was starving and he could earn enough $$$ to put food on the table with a BAne, i hope the dumb a$$ would get to work!!!

and newbies with a Vortex are still newbies, they just have a more powerful machine to screw things up with!!

and as far as these over night success stories making so much $$, could it be, that to make the 1K+ payment not to mention fuel and insurance payments they better be turning some jobs. My definition of success is doing what i WANT to do not what i HAVE to do to make a large payment!!!
GOOD GRIEF!!!

What a great thread and surprisingly two great posts from a pair of goofs who make a habit of trying to appear stupid.

I'd add that although Shawn gets full marks for enthusiasm and belief in his own baby his position begs the question of "how did Chem-Dry and Rug Doctor get to be so large without even so much as a small tm?

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
Man I feel bad for Billy. Paying all that money for a mentorship and a wrap. Out late at night scrubbing rathole restaurants. Almost cost him his life. Sounds like he should have been doing the Scott Rendall mentorship.

Golden Boy

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
I find it quite amazing that the V boys that hardly ever post find the need to come here to defend themselves on this subject. It tells me that they know they did Billy wrong and knew that there would be a backlash against them.

So I guess the "Buy it and they will come" didn't hold true in this instance. . Let's be realistic here boys. A Vortex is only a Vortex when someone wants to use at its full potential and does so and knows how to. A hack is a hack regardless of the machine he uses. I'll stick with my two truckmounts and stay in business.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Oh and another thing I just thought of....

"Just be honest with yourself and admit that the problem here is that it bothers you when you see others reaching and aspiring to more than mediocrity when you don't have the mojo to do it yourself."

sleazy sales tactics 101;
if you can't close the sale, resort to insults and belittling.
Make them feel "less than"

It often works on the insecure or inexperienced

ain't this fun???

..L.T.A.

Name
Ron lippold
WELL WELL

Good to see you Shawn,

I must say the purchase of my Vortex was the best move of my life, it makes it so easy to make big money it is silly, still hard work but yes it is better.

No Shawn did not hard ball me not even a little bit, They had a purpose built vehicle and that is what i wanted

The Question to ask your self is how much does it cost you not to have a Vortex

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
Says Ron LippHold!- The current asskiss spokesman for Vortex with a 90k mortgage. That's good business. To think of all the ones before you that have spouted the exact same message. Gottta go vomit.

Guess I'll be hearing from TH-om. Lucky he doesn't have my cellphone#

Bob Foster

Waldo - serious question. With the price of van wraps becoming very affordable now days have you considered wrapping that truck of yours?

I bet it would we worthwhile.

Mikey P

Administrator
I am really enjoying not being a part of this for once.

popcorn.gif

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
Uh Mikey- Someone hacked my account. Might want to check into that. Money gets you nowhere here. F***** A.

G

Shawn,

I'm sorry I spoke out in this post. I don't know the circumstances and should have thought before I typed. I didn't mean in anyway to make fun of Billy's tragic accident and wish him well.

Dave

Name
Ron lippold
I have a Vortex I love it

It does what i want it to do

No they give me nothing but good service

If I had to do it again I would because I know it works

Sure it is not the only factor But it is huge

I don't think I would be at the place in my business if I did not have this Machine

Did I pay to much

No I think it is worth more

I am glad more of you complaisant asshole don't have the balls to step up

so what you got

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
Ron you know Billy was done wrong. Good advice he got from the Wiz. The Wiz had a established business and he bought a USED Vortex. Then he ties up a ROOKIE cleaner with a 90 thousand dollar machine. Even you would not do someone like that.

Golden Boy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom