I would like some advice from the Restoration professionals

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I just tackled my first Real problematic water damage.
Not some little one where you extract the water, pull some pad out...maybe cut some sheetrock, blowers dehu.......most of my water damage jobs

But a BIG one! (Well, big for me because I'm tackling this one alone)
removal Gluedown engineered hardwood, removing parkay hardwood, carpet, removal of bathroom sink, sheetrock cut out to the ceiling on one spot, then cut about 6inches all the way in the other rooms. (average 1400sq ft total)

The thing that makes this complicated is they have A LOT of things. There's 4kids that are in the basement where the water damage is, and they have a lot of storage in the closets, and just stuff from over the years. They're not dirty or clutter people. It's just normal stuff. They're getting a neighbor to come pull a lot of it out to store it, but most of it is probably gonna stay.
This is the BIG part of the job...just stuff is in my way.
So how do you guys work around this???

And I think it's just a CAT1 type of damage because it was fresh water that is under 2ft high in most of the area. The only part where I had to remove sheetrock to the ceiling is to get access to the pipe that busted above, and I need to dry the cinder block wall that got wet behind it.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
If there is going to be a lot of demo later which yours sounds like we move it to an unaffected part of the home or garage. If not a lot of demo we move to the center and pack it tight, covering with poly sheeting if needed.

We have when the situation called for it packed out basements or several rooms and brought them here for storage until the repairs were completed.

An insurance company would probable want you to rent a POD and store the contents there until repairs are complete.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom