ICE 2017 Observations

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Here are a couple of photos of the Bentley PRO at ICE :
BentleyPRO.jpg BentleyPRO4.jpg Jim Martin Testing
Four wheels handled nicely, Downforce might be a little high, but Shawn promised to reduce it. Looked good to me for floodwork.
-------------------
This is also a new Hard Surface Squeegee/Brush Tool that looked nice:
Squeegee.jpg Urethane Squeegee should hold up well on stone.
------------------
LVMountains.jpg A photo from the 19th floor :

LVHorizon.jpg Horizon of Las Vegas from Restaurant
------------
Lockhart also tested the Bentley PRO, but I'll wait for his evaluation.

Last edited:

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Thanks for posting this thread. I have been wondering about how ICE was this year. From everything I've seen it looked pretty dead to me. Looked like a lot of vendors and Guru's but not the crowds that I've experienced in the past. Maybe it was just the live videos I was seeing made it look not so crowded. What were some of the new and innovative stuff being shown? Anything ground shaking?

Reactions: Lisa Jordan

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Did not exhibit this year.

Did look at some electrolysis water equipment from Korea that was interesting.

Also some Probiotic cleaners that combined biosurfactants with enzyme generating microbes.

Mytee also introduced a 20" Orbital machine with larger orbit for large commercial jobs.

Some new Stainlees Steel hose reels were also displayed.

Last edited:

sealcanvas

Name
Ron Hunkins
Seal-A-Door received a nice "flow" of interested attendees (helped that I was in the booth with Erik and the Zipper) as we introduced a couple of new items. One was the "Width Extender" and the other was the "Storage Pouch"; also, the zipper and large window options were very well received. The "crowd" level was significantly smaller than those at The Experience, but being able to meet so many Facebook friends face to face was a real high lite! There is a brief video of the Width Extender (Saiger "liked") at www.facebook.com/ronhunkins.

IMG_2458.JPG

IMG_2471.JPG

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Seal-A-Door received a nice "flow" of interested attendees (helped that I was in the booth with Erik and the Zipper) as we introduced a couple of new items. One was the "Width Extender" and the other was the "Storage Pouch"; also, the zipper and large window options were very well received. The "crowd" level was significantly smaller than those at The Experience, but being able to meet so many Facebook friends face to face was a real high lite! There is a brief video of the Width Extender (Saiger "liked") at www.facebook.com/ronhunkins.

View attachment 69440

View attachment 69441
Now I'm glad I didn't go, I would have gone home with a seal-a-door. That would have been really hard to get in my bag.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
The educational sessions I attended were very good ;

the marketing info panel of large Rug Cleaners had lots of innovative techniques to track,
and connect with customers.

Robert Mann always attracts a crowd.

There were many people in lines at some booths to buy equipment the last hour of the show.
I've never seen that at Experience.

We sold a fair amount without even having a booth.

Last edited:

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Rug education is something I have an interest in. I would love to get into some classes.

Lisa Jordan

Name
Lisa Jordan
Did not exhibit this year.

Did look at some electrolysis water equipment from Korea that was interesting.

Also some Probiotic cleaners that combined biosurfactants with enzyme generating microbes.

Mytee also introduced a 20" Orbital machine with larger orbit for large commercial jobs.

Some new Stainlees Steel hose reels were also displayed.

We have a small electrolysis water (kangen) machine and have used it for 8 years in our house, amazing stuff.

Reactions: Larry Cobb

Lint Basket

Name
Scott Mckay
Erik, hanging with you and Jimbo my memory is a bit foggy so I can't remember anything you and that Gal working for Mytee were talking about, but it seemed pretty spicy as I can recall?

Mikey you do miss good times, just sayin.

Lisa Jordan

Name
Lisa Jordan

View attachment 69440

View attachment 69441
Great seeing you Ron! Hopefully soon we'll be able to figure out the 10' high door issue. Love the new innovations with the zipper and the extender!

Reactions: sealcanvas

Lisa Jordan

Name
Lisa Jordan
Thanks for posting this thread. I have been wondering about how ICE was this year. From everything I've seen it looked pretty dead to me. Looked like a lot of vendors and Guru's but not the crowds that I've experienced in the past. Maybe it was just the live videos I was seeing made it look not so crowded. What were some of the new and innovative stuff being shown? Anything ground shaking?
This was my first ICE show, we usually go to the Experience. While this one was not as big as far as the crowds, there was definitely some great stuff there. And it was refreshing to ME to have some different people doing the educational stuff, like Ryan Kettering. At the Experience it's pretty much always the same people, and while they are excellent, I have seen some of their presentations way too many times.

And I got to see Renny Burr, Ty Cranmore and Brian Spiker!

2017-01-26 15.34.47.jpg

sealcanvas

Name
Ron Hunkins
Trinity was the biggest giveaway.
Just as a "footnote" I would mention we (Seal Canvas Products) gave away approximately $1000 worth of Seal-A-Doors. Two were in the raffle and the third one was a give-away of the display unit to a "good guy" at the end of the show! And you know what....the recipients were GENUINELY excited and appreciative!

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Interesting that the only people who complain about the price of certain courses are the people that don't take them. I am sure that the arcs course is worth every penny.

Reactions: Chris Howell

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom