ICRA

HydroDude

Name
JB
Inquiried about certification. ..received an email a week about paying dues...paid dues received a nice wallet card and certificate. ...heard nothing for a year...received invoice for upcoming year. ...

What has the icra done to promote the certified cleaners?

I seen on the website they have a member list...yet when searching my zip code no one at comes up..?

Last edited:
Reactions: Pioneer Floorcare

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
lol man we are all on our own. always have been, nothing changes but the acronyms.

Seriously though, for as little dues that are paid, it would be tough for any marketing with that budget.

Reactions: Shorty

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
The IICRC used to be assisted by local carpet cleaning associations. Ours was the Carpet Cleaners of the Northwest. In the last 20 years, I have never heard of them, not noticed any advertising at suppliers, never received a email. If we don't know you exist, how can we be part of it?

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
I'm staring my own. WillsVLM Assn. Membership fees $25/mo and you can call and ask all the questions you want. :smile:

We will also be lobbying all carpet manufactures to recommend low moisture cleaning to keep warranties.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Sounds interesting but before I sign up what are you doing for marketing?

Don't say t-shirts for the girls again, I don't think that will get me any work. :winky:

Jim Holland

Name
Jim Holland
First of all we appreciate any comments or concerns about ICRA

I'd like to begin with a bit of background information. The IICRC is only a certifying body and Standards developer. On its website they list only those companies that are Certified Firms and it does not list certified individuals with the exception of certified inspectors.

The ICRA is a trade association and a certifying body. The ICRA website lists ICRA Member Firms and Registered Firms (comparable to IICRC’s Certified Firm). The geographic area that you are in is handled by SCRT (a regional association affiliated with ICRA) and we do list all of their member firms and any Registered Firms in that area.

Over the past year Shaw Industries has been referring requests for service to ICRA. We have been directing those inquires to ICRA Certified and Member Firms. ICRA is also actively involved in providing Performance Assessments and training segments at the Experience events that assists candidates to prepare for Assessment. We are also actively developing relationships with organizations that will create work opportunities for ICRA Certified individuals and firms. One very large program has been developed and is being Beta tested now. Within the next few months there will be an announcement about this opportunity for certification that leads to potential work relationships. Also, several committees are close to completing new certifications and performance assessments.

Creating something new takes time and patience. We are working hard to accomplish these programs as quickly as possible. We don’t want to throw a new certification designation together that isn’t ready to be presented and have to backtrack. It took IICRC over a decade before they were established. We have made faster progress and are already being recognized by major organizations within just 1 year. But there is still a lot of work to do.

We invite anyone that has an interest to volunteer for a committee. We need your support and input. Thanks to all of you that have supported the ICRA this last year. Without you we would not be able to accomplish what is need for this industry to continue to grow.

If any of you have any questions or comments, please feel free to give me a call 916-758-5242 x101 or email me at jholland@icrassociation.org

Jim Holland

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
First of all we appreciate any comments or concerns about ICRA

I'd like to begin with a bit of background information. The IICRC is only a certifying body and Standards developer. On its website they list only those companies that are Certified Firms and it does not list certified individuals with the exception of certified inspectors.

The ICRA is a trade association and a certifying body. The ICRA website lists ICRA Member Firms and Registered Firms (comparable to IICRC’s Certified Firm). The geographic area that you are in is handled by SCRT (a regional association affiliated with ICRA) and we do list all of their member firms and any Registered Firms in that area.

Over the past year Shaw Industries has been referring requests for service to ICRA. We have been directing those inquires to ICRA Certified and Member Firms. ICRA is also actively involved in providing Performance Assessments and training segments at the Experience events that assists candidates to prepare for Assessment. We are also actively developing relationships with organizations that will create work opportunities for ICRA Certified individuals and firms. One very large program has been developed and is being Beta tested now. Within the next few months there will be an announcement about this opportunity for certification that leads to potential work relationships. Also, several committees are close to completing new certifications and performance assessments.

Creating something new takes time and patience. We are working hard to accomplish these programs as quickly as possible. We don’t want to throw a new certification designation together that isn’t ready to be presented and have to backtrack. It took IICRC over a decade before they were established. We have made faster progress and are already being recognized by major organizations within just 1 year. But there is still a lot of work to do.

We invite anyone that has an interest to volunteer for a committee. We need your support and input. Thanks to all of you that have supported the ICRA this last year. Without you we would not be able to accomplish what is need for this industry to continue to grow.

If any of you have any questions or comments, please feel free to give me a call 916-758-5242 x101 or email me at jholland@icrassociation.org

Jim Holland
What are you doing for carpet cleaners in Canada?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom