If you can post on this forum you can probably do your own SEO...

EDS

Name
Ed
If you have the time and your an O/O your can probably do your own on page SEO. Link building is pretty much irrelevant (thank you Google). If you follow Googles TOS and learn proper on page SEO it is not that hard.

I hate seeing SEO companies take credit for what would have naturally occurred without them.

True or false?

Reactions: BIG WOOD

CtcClean

Name
paul g
If your website wasn't built with SEO in mind, you're never going to be found. SEO companies do help. They know where and how to link to your site, and where to backlink from. ....But Google has been making it a lot tougher because it's been unpredictable.

FredC

Village Idiot
I've been saying this for years.....one day I'll publish the manifesto

The majority of people paying a monthly fee for "seo" are paying for nothing after a short initial burst of work most could accomplish on their own in a couple hours.

but 90% of your customers could clean their own carpets too.............

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
I certainly need to get better at SEO! Anyone know of a good punchlist that could help a stoopie like me out?

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
I know nothing about SEO

I have three websites that I picked the theme(?).
Made a list of what sections(?) I wanted
Wrote what I wanted.

These are all on Wordpress.

A mate put it all together and now I can edit what I want & post pics when I wan or remove.

Then the "Phone app" became popular, he converted them but now, there is one site that I can't do anything with.
Although last week he did tell me that with about an hour on the dog 'n bone, (phone Marty), I would know how to fix things.

They may not be brilliant but they continually bring in new customers.

If anyone wants a squiz, (look), here they are.

www.get.shorty.com.au

www.cairnscommercialcarpetcare.com.au

The naughty on is

www.cairnsleathercare.com.au

Re the SEO stuff, YES, I would like to learn more about it.

:yoda:

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Just a short list claim every place you can create a listing yahoo bing google Yelp ect ect,

Make sure you always add your website link.

Getting reviews used to help a lot. Definetly doesn't hurt.

Look up the facebook in business section here and listen to what @WillS say about
Using photos for back links on Facebook and instagram.

There's a lot here already if you search for it.

I'm sure videos on YouTube help also.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
If you have the time and your an O/O your can probably do your own on page SEO. Link building is pretty much irrelevant (thank you Google). If you follow Googles TOS and learn proper on page SEO it is not that hard.
I hate seeing SEO companies take credit for what would have naturally occurred without them.
True or false?
You can do a lot of your own SEO, and it can be easier using a WordPress site that has some built-in SEO guidance or an app that makes you follow a good SEO format.

You'll never be as good as someone that does SEO for a living though. It's a moving target that better SEO companies know is too big for one person to keep ahead of, even if they do SEO work all day. It takes a team and an overall marketing plan.

That said, I agree that anyone charging a monthly fee isn't doing a lot of work most months. There's a lot of work up front, then a tweak every six months or so. The rest of the time a monthly plan is just easy money, like those commercial accounts you claim to clean every month but really just encap the traffic lanes three times out of four.

Reactions: EDS

EDS

Name
Ed
Still have some on page work too do on my site. Keep seeing someone from Phillidelphia go to my site but they are looking at my worst page and the page that I'm trying to rank. Cookie cutter sites have built in SEO which helps allot. I use Weeble...perfect for the PWD like me for computers...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom