If you had to outfit a 50 truck SS operation with a vacuum on each truck...

Mikey P

Administrator
What vacuum do you buy for 50 Stanley operators?

Direct air or by pass?

Cheap and replaceable or tough and expensive?

Bag or bagless?

Belt or cogg'd/gear driven?

Amazon or distributor?

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
I would put the one that'll get used.

In other words. ..if their mentality hasn't changed, it won't matter if its a $15.00 Toys R Us pink vacuum or a $600.00 Sebo.

It has to come off the truck and be used .

(I'd go with bagless $100.00 twice a year replaceable Bissell)

Chris A

Name
Chris
I really like the simplicity's we've used the past 4 years. Bag, flat belt, easy to service and unclog, metal bottom so they'll take a beating before they break, and they still have tools and a detachable, extendable hose

Reactions: Foothills Phil

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
I would go with something like the Sanitaire bagless. Not overly expensive, but powerful, fairly durable and professional with great performance and easy to maintain by employees.

Reactions: SCC

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I think I would agree with Zee. Lightweight, bagless, cheap. Never mind the edges, if they can get guys to vacuum the main traffic areas, they will be miles ahead.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
doesn't matter
they're so overloaded with jobs in a day , they're not going to vac right anyway

the lead tech will be busy trying to sell deo and AquaGuard and the revolving door of $12 dollar an hour circus monkeys saw back and forth on the vac at warp speed

won't make much difference what vac they have

May as well give 'em one of these

..L.T.A.

Name
Matt Ross
Pro team. They are tough, and as a few break down you can save parts from them and build up a stockpile of parts. I wouldn't use a vacuum without a wand.
I dont respect professionals who use homeowner tools. If I took my vehicle to a mechanic and he didn't have a lift, but used only floor Jack's I would walk out. If I hired a contractor who showed up with black and decker tools from wal mart I would laugh. Why do you expect to be respected and looked at as a professional if you act like an amateur with $45 vacuums?

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I like the idea of the proteam but at almost $500 apiece, that's quite the investment for 50 trucks. I agree with you on the professionalism side.

Reactions: Jimmy L

Mikey P

Administrator
Pro team. They are tough, and as a few break down you can save parts from them and build up a stockpile of parts. I wouldn't use a vacuum without a wand.
I dont respect professionals who use homeowner tools. If I took my vehicle to a mechanic and he didn't have a lift, but used only floor Jack's I would walk out. If I hired a contractor who showed up with black and decker tools from wal mart I would laugh. Why do you expect to be respected and looked at as a professional if you act like an amateur with $45 vacuums?

but...

but...

those $45 Bissells out perform a ProTeam....

Reactions: Steve Lawrence
Name
Matt Ross
They just dont. I have three pro teams, 4 windsors, and I've had dozens of Bissels. The new model is the best bissel because the power switch is for your foot.
If your customer isn't going to see your tools, then go for it. They do work well, but pro teams last 4-6 times as long from my experience.
One has the word pro in its name. One sells at wal mart.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I like the idea of the proteam but at almost $500 apiece, that's quite the investment for 50 trucks. I agree with you on the professionalism side.
I think there'd be a decent bulk discount if 50 were bought at one time.

Amazon has one proteam upright currently for sale at $356. If amazon can sell one for that price, I'm sure a major supplier of ours can sell it for a decent price if a bulk order was placed

Reactions: Cleanworks

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
Both points are valid, but I agree with Matt about pro team. But we all know chimps, so I get Pro Team knockoffs by Rubbermaid. They look professional at 1/3 the cost. I don’t have 50 trucks, but I have 20-25 people vacuuming everyday. What a pain.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Andy

Name
Doesn't Matter
Bagless need to have the filters cleaned, it is a rare employee that will do that on a regular basis. If the filters aren't cleaned you are just making noise that sounds like vacuuming. Use bags, then they and you will know when to change them and you will see if they are actually using the vacuums.

steve_64

I would put the one that'll get used.

In other words. ..if their mentality hasn't changed, it won't matter if its a $15.00 Toys R Us pink vacuum or a $600.00 Sebo.

It has to come off the truck and be used .

(I'd go with bagless $100.00 twice a year replaceable Bissell)
I was thinking the $39 black bissels.

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
Identify your goals first

Do you want it to appear you are doing a better job than previously? Buy cheap vacs

Do you want to appear you are doing a better job and actually do a better job while looking totally professional? Dont buy cheap vacs

Reactions: Jim Williams

Rick J

Name
rick Jones
What vacuum do you buy for 50 Stanley operators?

Direct air or by pass?

Cheap and replaceable or tough and expensive?

Bag or bagless?

Belt or cogg'd/gear driven?

Amazon or distributor?
SS vacuum = oxymoron LOL!

steve_64

Buy cheap vacs for the occasions you actually need one.

The move outs where the PMs don't expect the maintenance crew to clean up.

Most residential isn't that bad because if it is they ain't calling until they move out and the landlord calls you.

Reactions: Cleanworks

CJ-FL

Name
CK-FL
6 to 10 jobs a day

.L.T.A.

Let me guess, you're one of "flat earthers" aren't you?

You do realize not all conspiracies are true right?

I'll pull a YTD report tomorrow but I bet you it's close to an average of 4 per day. Yes, we do do UP TO 6. But my dispatchers can vouch that I'll be all over their asses if they force a 7th.

CJ-FL

Name
CK-FL

You do realize not all conspiracies are true right and you can't believe everything you hear?

I'll pull a YTD report tomorrow but I bet you it's close to an average of 4 per day. Yes, we do do UP TO 6. But my dispatchers can vouch that I'll be all over their asses if they force a 7th.

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
20180531_114447.png

My latest vac, I normally run sensormatics but the shop lost the box for this so sold it half price, bit heavier than sensor (2 motors) but longer cord bit more suck I like it

@CJ-FL its in your colours too, send me some stickers mine will look naff on it :smile:

Reactions: BIG WOOD and CJ-FL

steve_64

Buy cheap vacs for the occasions you actually need one.

The move outs where the PMs don't expect the maintenance crew to clean up.

Most residential isn't that bad because if it is they ain't calling until they move out and the landlord calls you.
The nasties don't need vacuuming they need piss removal.

Reactions: Nomad74

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Do you? Lol

hell no
with rare exception like college rental turns that came fast and furious every August

nope
you're simply more rare than hen's teeth
you're the only SS I personally know that vacs .
and regularly uses pre-spray
and CRB agitates

you're the exception in the multi-truck outfits at your market price point

..L.T.A.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom