If you were Stanley Steemer..

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
You might want to stop running Facebook Ads where 98% of the comments you get are negative. I don't know if any of you have been getting blasted with SS ads on facebook but they are advertising hard in our area. Everyone of their advertisements has comments like this.. (see below). This is just one ad out of many that is like this. I feel bad for the social media rep. Must have an automated response created for every issue. These comments are from people in different states, I bet it's making the individual franchises look like shit because it everyone realizes that it might not be the Stanley in their area these people are commenting negatively about.

IMG_2647.PNG
IMG_2646.PNG
IMG_2645.PNG
IMG_2644.PNG
IMG_2643.PNG

Reactions: Bob Pruitt

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
I followed them to see their advertising... mostly very bad posts and someone from Stanley apologizing... wouldn't think that would be helpful.

CtcClean

Name
paul g
Stanley Steemer...great marketing plan, poor follow through..."certified asthma and allergy friendly" ...How are they doing that without carrying a vacuum cleaner on their trucks? If 85% of all dirt is soil based......

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
If you ran 3,500 trucks nation wide at 5-7 jobs per day you would probably get a few bad comments.
Our SS here in Indy does a good job the local manger is on it.
We have 25 trucks in the Indy metro area.
If they wanted to sell the franchise I would be first in line it is a cash cow!!

Last edited:

Chris A

Name
Chris
Like Tom, our local Stanley is pretty good. Nice clean rigs, decent looking techs, and a pretty good reputation. Honestly I try and model my business as much after theirs as I can other than process and we are priced a little higher

Reactions: Mikey P

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Like Tom, our local Stanley is pretty good. Nice clean rigs, decent looking techs, and a pretty good reputation. Honestly I try and model my business as much after theirs as I can other than process and we are priced a little higher
If you're competing with SS and you're surviving with a higher price, they should be modeling their business after yours

Reactions: Old Coastie

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
This is why reviews can be misleading. You have to compare the amount of comments, whether good or bad with the amount of jobs being done.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
upload_2017-2-20_18-5-16.png

I have no doubt Tom knows what he's talking about.

However, cash cow or not. These days people check multiple sources and there's a cumulative effect.
Eventually it catches up with you and limits one to a certain kind of client.

Unless it was pennies for the dollar, I am not quite convinced Tom would buy them. But then I've been known to make the wrong assessment.................every once in a while.

Last edited:
Reactions: smastio

Newman

Name
Chris Newman
When SS advertises, they make people think carpet cleaning. IMHO when SS advertises, it helps us.

A golden review a customer wrote on Google:

★★★★★ 7 months ago
Here's my story. I have 13 year old carpet which was in bad shape. Not so much worn out, but lots of dark spots. I called Stanley Steamer. Nice guys, but when they left pretty much all the spots remained. The lady of the house was VERY disappointed. So I called Norm's Carpet Cleaning. They arrived promptly and were very friendly and professional. I showed them all the spots and they went to work with a vengeance. Long story short, the spots are completely gone and my carpet looks amazing. Norm has won my loyalty and I will never hesitate to give his team my enthusiastic recommendation.

Attachments

• VERSES.jpg
    VERSES.jpg
    439.9 KB · Views: 286

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom