IICRC certs........

HomeSmart

took my first test when I was 12....Unsmoke restoration with my mom and dad, they gave me the test as a joke when I smoked it no pun intended, they told me they could not certify me because I wasn't 16...gave me a certificate of completion.
Over the past 24 years I have attained certification in almost every area of Carpet rug textile care.
Barry costa, ron toney, arron groseclose, ect.........I have been invited to teach IICRC classes uph and cpt.
Why is it that just because I haven't "Paid my Dues" I am not allowed to re-test or regain my status as an accomplished cleaner?
Give me a test....I'll pass...!!
Give me carpet or rather Upholstery I'll show you !!
Apparently because I didn't pay the IICRC money I have no idea what I'm do-in. I have to start at ground zero....
Must be nice to own a Racket and not play Racket ball......

Mikey P

Administrator
I dont want this to get lost.

I think he has a valid point. If he can take the test and pass why should he have to take the classes again?

Greenie

Something about being an Old Timer and not staying current...

Do they still teach 1.5" hose for TMs in those classes as well as the antiquated pH scale?

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
Do they still teach 1.5" hose for TMs in those classes as well as the antiquated pH scale?

I took the class a year ago and I sure don't remember anything about tm hose sizes, kunkle valves, wand types, jet sizes, pre-scrubbing or anything to improve the performance of my tm. Thank goodness for bulletin boards.

I'm not trying to knock the class. I learned a ton but once you have shown you know what your doing that should be it. I'm little perturbed that I just got a bill to keep my cert. I don't have to take any test just send a check.

Mike Brummett

I talked to my auto mechanic friend and his techs must take the ASE test I think at least once every two years. Cost is $55 per test, but there is no school or class to go with it.

My wife is a public school teacher and you would not believe all the continuing education classes and continual assessments and certifications and political B.S. that THEY have to endure. Depending on whether you are in a school dist with a wealthy tax base or a poor one, dictates whether you pay your own fees and such.

When I think about her situation, or a $600 a month TM payment or Yellow Pages payment, the $255* per year that I pay to "stay current" with IICRC isn't even worth the time spent thinking about it.

That is about 4 rooms of carpet for me and even less for many of the rest of you.

MIKE

*$125 Certified Firm Dues and $130 Senior Inspector dues

P.S. I just noticed that Louis owns a Vortex 7000! What is THAT monthly payment? Gotta be close to $1000. And he is complaining about IICRC Fees?
GIMME A BREAK!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom