IICRC - how about this for a new name/logo?

LisaWagnerCRS

Name
Lisa Wagner
Here's what they changed it to:

cleantrustnewlogo.jpg

Tossing away decades of industry use, and tossing away the opinions of all certified cleaners. (But that's what we expected from the old leadership - they never listened and never sought out any feedback outside of their own mediocre circle. Thank goodness they've been ousted...)

So in honor of the stinky past leadership, here is my inspired logo for their stinky "The Clean Trust" idea.

cleanflushv2withoutoutline.jpg

May it be properly flushed soon.

Lisa

John Olson

Name
John Olson
LisaWagnerCRS said:
Here's what they changed it to:

cleantrustnewlogo.jpg

Tossing away decades of industry use, and tossing away the opinions of all certified cleaners. (But that's what we expected from the old leadership - they never listened and never sought out any feedback outside of their own mediocre circle. Thank goodness they've been ousted...)

So in honor of the stinky past leadership, here is my inspired logo for their stinky "The Clean Trust" idea.

cleanflushv2withoutoutline.jpg

May it be properly flushed soon.

Lisa

Wow Lisa. If you have that much time on your handsto be so negative maybe you can try using your time in a positive way to help the new board or is this part of the Piranha way of destroying your competion. I am losing more and more respect for you every day and that Lisa is really sad.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I think letting people understand that is how a lot of cleaners felt is helping the new board John. They have a high profile disenfranchised rug cleaner and marketer they should look and target her and say "If we can make Lisa Wagner and the people who like Lisa Wagner be on our side that is a huge step in the right direction"...Unless they feel there are not that many people who feel that way and in that case they are missing the boat.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Greg there is more to all of this then meets the eye. There is nothing constructive in Lisa's negativity it is about destruction. Now the real question is what is her motivation? What does she or her backers have to gain by destroying the IICRC/Clean Trust. If there is no monetary gain then ask yourself, why would she be putting this much energy(negative) into it.(remember who she works for and what he/they are all about)

Things that make you go hmmmmmmm

Marc Imbesi

John,

Your opinion means nothing....you are soooo inconsistent with this statement...

I ask you....what's your agenda?....HMMMMMMMMM?

rhyde

Name
rhyde
I gave up caring about IICRC long ago the value in training they provide is limited and provides little or no value to established businesses and are totally irrelevant in the real world Just ask the person that pays your check; your next customer what they think about the IICRC.

LisaWagnerCRS

Name
Lisa Wagner
This was the final bad move by a truly bad group of IICRC leaders, that needs to be undone.

Netflix lost 800,000 subscribers last quarter for making a large business change without any interaction or communication with their clients.

IICRC does not have that many to worry about, but it is exactly the same short-sighted, arrogant move.

I assume they are on a path to try to get their entire certifying process "approved" by ANSI, by the way they keep pounding on that over and over again in that FAQ statement. If that happens, what happens to IICRC certifications? Do they disappear? I assume they do... and I assume that is why the past leadership made this change here, to set that stage. To make it disappear in the conversation before they make it disappear in reality.

So, they have effectively killed the organization, without bothering to tell any of its supporters, or even care what they think about it.

I feel that I played a small role in helping to oust the bad leadership in IICRC, by shining a light, and having some fun, in a way that others might not be able to due to their industry roles or jobs.

If I did not give a crap about the history of the organization, and have anger about how a few polluted and made it their own career umbilical cord of commerce, I would not waste my time. But I'm proud of my role within CFI, one of the original shareholders of IICRC.

I'm angry because the organization needs to be fixed from within, and not with this outside change by a PR firm whose only claim to fame is they handled Elliott Spitzer. Wow. So they made him from a disgraced degenerate hypocrite into a disgraced degenerate hypocrite with a bad CNN show.

Yeah... that's the type of "talent" the service sector needs in training cleaners.

The old IICRC leaders would hide in a corner and do nothing about controversy. Remember SOA - they did nothing with those lousy tests. (Which by the way have quietly and slowly died off...)

The new leaders should at least make a public statement acknowledging that what they've done has "upset" some of their certified cleaners and that they will at the very least, take a look at it.

That would show an organization much different than the old one.

We will see what Craig Jasper says on Procleaners tonight. I hope to see something besides "no comment."

You do not toss a decades old designation that the industry recognized, in the garbage just because one of your "leaders" wants to add Installation and have a new revenue stream of standards writing and courses.

That's the old way to doing it. I'm hoping there is a new way soon.

Lisa

P.S. Besides... the logo is clever. And when I look at the original one anyway it looked like a toilet float to me. But at least not the PR firm can say without a doubt => IICRC FINALLY HAS BALLS.

rhyde

Name
rhyde
LisaWagnerCRS said:
Netflix lost 800,000 subscribers last quarter for making a large business change without any interaction or communication with their clients.

By the numbers Netflix their move so far have worked out in their favor but time will tell. The company earned $38 million or 70 cents per share in the 3rd quarter last year they earned $62.5 million, or $1.16, per share, in the third quarter this year with an 800K customers loss also translates into a lower operational cost!

moral here, more customers doesn't always mean more profit & you don't always need more customers

John Olson

Name
John Olson
I am not real happy about the name change either Lisa and about a lot of things that have gone on. Your way to smart and calculating to not know what the reprecussions of your attacks will have on the new leadership. If you really care then help them with positive sugestions.

A very smart man told me when change happens you will have 3 types of people. Ones that reisist it with all thier might, ones that will sit on the fence and watch and those that will cheer before even knowing what the change is. He told me to ignore the first and last and focus on the ones in the middle as those will be the majority and the ones that will be your strongest supports if you can win them over.

Bob Foster

Why is The Clean Trust not more open about this choice and why it is being done?

I think it is constructive to hear the comments that just happen to be negative about the new name. Even though some have justifiably turned their backs on the IICRC, for the most part, even detractors are not trying to pound whats left of the IICRC into the ground.

The big question is why has this name has been chosen and why are the Reformers are proceeding with the decision of the past executive. Most don't like the name - they owe us an explanation on why they changed it and what benefit it has to us.

The way The Clean Trust deals with this issue remains the test to see how genuine they are in supporting our interests above theirs.

I really don't care for the name but if they come up with a good full explanation as to why they still are proceeding and prove the validity of the new name it might be acceptable. They do owe us a detailed justification. If they won't give it - its an even Bigger Problem and Big Mistake.

:?: Maybe they are trying to cull the registrants just like they culled the board? :?:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Dumb move? Definitely the name and logo suck BFD, but in all reality we have to move on even with the bad name.

The organization has has a history of bad moves, giving good buddy contracts, ridiculous expenditures, all the while doing so with contempt for the very people that the organization was founded for. :x However we have to move on.

We need to be conscience of the past, don't allow it to be repeated but it's time to move on and give the new group their shot. 8)

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
The big question is why has this name has been chosen and why are the Reformers are proceeding with the decision of the past executive. Most don't like the name - they owe us an explanation on why they changed it and what benefit it has to us.
Bob I disagree why do they owe us anything. They are a testing body with no members, they are not an association where as members we would have a say.

Lets say they take the time to explain it, what would be gained? Those opposing it will still oppose it. I doubt telling you why it was chosen will make anyone feel any better.

I'm actually suprised anyone really cares that much about the name.

The phase out is suppose to take place over 5-years, that's plenty of time for your shirts to wear out (if you're enough of a doofus to sew patches them on) and for the decals on your vehicles to fade and be ready for a set of Clean Trust ones. :p

It's not as if the I.I.C.R.C. had any marketing value, that name sucked too! We need to move on, grow up and quit being such babies!

P.S.
One last time, I've got to get my 5-minutes worth out of this! :mrgreen:
CleanFlush-1.jpg

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Bob I disagree why do they owe us anything. They are a testing body with no members, they are not an association where as members we would have a say.

Lets say they take the time to explain it, what would be gained? Those opposing it will still oppose it. I doubt telling you why it was chosen will make anyone feel any better.

I'm actually suprised anyone really cares that much about the name.

The phase out is suppose to take place over 5-years, that's plenty of time for your shirts to wear out (if you're enough of a doofus enough to sew patches them on) and for the decals on your vehicles to fade and be ready for a set of Clean Trust ones.

It's not as if the I.I.C.R.C. had any marketing value, that name sucked too! We need to move on, grow up and quit being such babies!
WINNING!

Except:
You don't want to alienate even the doofus fan base until you've built a stronger base.
They want to build an association that will have members, and to do that they will have to at least appear to care.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I think by Lisa's criticism that she really cares for this organization. The things that PO you the most are what show your passion.

IICRC does have sellability, ie it is marketable. When a cleaner DOES explain what it means to a customer, even if they never heard of it before or they glaze over, it still gives that cleaner credibility. The customer may not even remember it longer than 5 min, but its enough time to sell yourself. Its just one more way of giving yourself credibility. The more official sounding the name, the more people will respect it, if only for a minute. Clean Trust just sounds too weak and ambiguous. It'll work if we have to use it, but they could have done SOOOOOO much better.

I'm sure Netflix was offering some explanation, some rationale, or didn't they? And they certainly know how to market a hec of lot better than the IICRC!!
If the IICRC wants more "members", or rather "registrants" is probably the more accurate term, they need to SELL "US". SO yes, if they are smart they will explain their actions. We may not be "members" but they want our money; they want to promote their courses; they need to SELL to us. If the IICRC was half, even a 1/4, as well known to the public as Netflix then cleaners would be scrambling to join!
If it had real value it would be the first words out of our mouths when talking to a prospective client, and it would be their first question.

So who spends more money collectively marketing the IICRC? How much did the IICRC spend in one year? You add up the time, the money, the website space that ALL the cleaners and restorers spent marketing it and I"m pretty sure it will dwarf the IICRC's investment.

If they are looking for the name change, they should have asked the CLEANERS. Who studies marketing more than we do? Who knows the people, the target market, that the IICRC wants to reach better than us? We've got some very creative minds right here on this board. I'd like to see what Mr Miller would have come up with.

My suggestion, just to tweak what they've already come up with, would be the Carpet and Restoration Trust. Many restoration companies were feeling left out and its a simple change. The CRT.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
what did the IICRC do for you before all the changes......the same damn thing it is doing now......nothing but taking your money and the only thing you are getting in return is a few arm patches and a sticker for your truck...

so now what...we just keep beating this dead horse until someone gets there way and they decide to change the name back.....for what...nothing is going to change....get over it...

its all about money...and if you think for one second they care about you as a cleaner..you are only lying to yourself....

you didn't like it before the name change....why worry about it now...

this is already getting old real fast....

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Thank you Jim.

You can't have horse around these guys and gal without someone beating it. :shock:

That didn't sound like I meant it. :oops:

Never mind! :mrgreen:

LisaWagnerCRS

Name
Lisa Wagner
Not to brag or anything... but....

Ken Snow said:
I guarantee you I spend more alone than they do on annual basis.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

LOL
=)

When I was on the IICRC board they were spending $150K on marketing. But the bulk of that was flying Travis and Bishop with booths to places like Australia.

Guess that's supposed to be marketing.

I remember the blank stares I got when I recommended using trackable phone extensions so we could TRACK the articles that worked or not.

Lisa

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Lol- I wasn't trying to brag, just pointing out what an insignificant amount it is on a national basis to try to do anything consumer wise. I actually thought someone earlier (months ago) that the marketing budget was almost a 1 million.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
they owe us an explanation

who's "us", Bob?
are you a card carrying, dues paying Playah??

How 'bout you Lisa, any current affiliation with the outfit??

i know we all like to piss 'n moan around here for fun, but for those not currently involved ...
WTF does it matter??
some of ya'll got nothing else to do but bitch about something that has no effect on you???

i don't get it
am i missing sump'um??

..l.T.A.

Bob Foster

The way I see it the IICRC was the organization (ineffective as it has been on many levels) of record that represents the industry as a whole whether you are registrant or not.

As a member of this profession I have an interest in seeing that the goals and resonable performance to achieving those goals serve us, related professions, the general public and legal entities.

That's why it owes us something.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Bob Foster said:
The way I see it the IICRC was the organization (ineffective as it has been on many levels) of record that represents the industry as a whole whether you are registrant or not.

As a member of this profession I have an interest in seeing that the goals and resonable performance to achieving those goals serve us, related professions, the general public and legal entities.

That's why it owes us something.

"The lady doth protest too much, methinks."

..L.T.A.

Able 1

Name
Keith
I was asked this week by a big apt. complex if I was certified( I wanted to tell her the cert was a joke ) I told her I was and she said "good cause carpet installers were questioning the way you clean" I said "really" and she told me he then asked "does he run a portable or a TM" she told him "I don't know he uses his van" He then informed her that "a portable does a better job, and more efficient"WTF LOL It's kind of fun to watch them squirm when they have to explain why the poly they installed for them 2 years ago needs replacement because of matting and wear NO spots anywhere..

Now the installer is trying to say that he wasn't the guy that installed the carpet. :roll:

I told the manager I would be glad to meet with the installer... :lol: :twisted:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom