im back...

Mikey P

Administrator
Slathered all our new redwood in Boiled Linseed Oil (love working with that stuff)
Plumbing..
Patched some siding and ran the Buggy all up, down, over and through the mountains..

12,680 ft.
There was a mine here in the 1880s that the lumber for our cabin was stolen from after the gold dried up.
20170915_155859.jpg

So what did I miss?

Name
Jeff T
Isn't that when those rags become combustible? I thought in HS we had a fire from oil soaked rags. ???
Where I used to live, there was an old woodworking dude. His garage/workshop burned to the ground from throwing linseed soaked rags in a steel garbage can. At least that was what was reported on the local news.... spontaneous combustion......

Reactions: Desk Jockey
Name
Nate W.
Uh, my rv360xl came with a regular head when I asked for a brush head.. I posted here, PMed @Rotovac, called Nick and left a message.. Waited over a week before I did anything.. I needed to use it on a big job last night and today..

I'd still like the brush head..

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
Uh, my rv360xl came with a regular head when I asked for a brush head.. I posted here, PMed @Rotovac, called Nick and left a message.. Waited over a week before I did anything.. I needed to use it on a big job last night and today..

I'd still like the brush head..

You should be happy for any head you can get.

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
Slathered all our new redwood in Boiled Linseed Oil (love working with that stuff)
Plumbing..
Patched some siding and ran the Buggy all up, down, over and through the mountains..

12,680 ft.
There was a mine here in the 1880s that the lumber for our cabin was stolen from after the gold dried up.
View attachment 74464

So what did I miss?

Best thing on the rags is to hang them on a wire, outside. They'll harden and dry, but not burn because the heat can dissipate.

If you used Boiled linseed oil on outside wood, it is going to turn black in a month. Inside, no problem.

Mikey P

Administrator
Best thing on the rags is to hang them on a wire, outside. They'll harden and dry, but not burn because the heat can dissipate.

If you used Boiled linseed oil on outside wood, it is going to turn black in a month. Inside, no problem.

sure but after it freezes for 5 months it all goes away.

Nice and golden while we can enjoy it

Reactions: Old Coastie
Back
Top Bottom