Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
IMG_4808.JPG

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I like that step. I think I'll get my metal guy to cut mine off and weld on one of those

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
The carpet idea could work, if you're committed to pressure washing it every day. Until you've had a sticky surface at the back of a box truck you have no idea how much guck gets sucked up from the road.

Grip tape is great on a flat surface, but will not adhere well to diamond plate. It will peel of in chunks.

Do not use the Rustoleum spray-on bed liner! It's brittle and doesn't adhere well. I think it's meant to be used where you want the look of a tough surface, but never have anything contact that surface. Herculiner or one of the other roll-on bed liners would be better for the purpose. Might be worth checking with a local Line-X guy to get a price to coat the bumper, that stuff is tough and has a pretty grippy surface. (Note, you'll never be able to completely rinse detergent spills out of it.)

Maybe try shoes with a grippy sole, or be like Mikey and just parkour roll in and out.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
The carpet idea could work, if you're committed to pressure washing it every day. Until you've had a sticky surface at the back of a box truck you have no idea how much guck gets sucked up from the road.

Grip tape is great on a flat surface, but will not adhere well to diamond plate. It will peel of in chunks.

Do not use the Rustoleum spray-on bed liner! It's brittle and doesn't adhere well. I think it's meant to be used where you want the look of a tough surface, but never have anything contact that surface. Herculiner or one of the other roll-on bed liners would be better for the purpose. Might be worth checking with a local Line-X guy to get a price to coat the bumper, that stuff is tough and has a pretty grippy surface. (Note, you'll never be able to completely rinse detergent spills out of it.)

Maybe try shoes with a grippy sole, or be like Mikey and just parkour roll in and out.
I don’t see mikey doing this move
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parkour

Should I just sprinkle some sand in the Hurculiner when I roll it on? From your description, that seems like the best route

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I know, this thread is really making me look like a wimp.

nah
you're just over thinking it

material used for catwalks and steel stairs comes in a variety grid/grate patterns .
From super aggressive spike hole/grid (like in post #23) to flat steel rectangle grid

don't reckon you have much snow/ice to deal with, so the aggressive spike grid like #23 isn't needed

Hell.....bolt one of these down and be done with it

car-hauler-ramps.jpg

wedge_curb_ramp.jpg

b26bfd0e-718e-47e2-a83a-7b7cbe160773_1.8a6d2b08a53ef6d9fc2b1fd015754676.jpe
..LT.A.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Or always use the handle.
That’s what I’m scared of doing. Slipping while I’m holding the handle and pulling my shoulder out of socket. Both my shoulders have been injured at separate times which makes them easy to pull out. Extremely painful

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom