Immediate advice please

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
We have a customer that booked online and has not used us before. She lives on the military base and put a note on her online reservation if there was any problem with this to call her. I did call her and told her that we are no longer servicing the base because of the amount of time it takes to get onto it and of possible times that our guys have been declined. They don't tell you why your declined but one of my guys had a DUI from 7 years ago. I figure that's why on that time. So I did not want to waste her time or have to block out two appointments just in case there is an issue. She said that by not wanting to service the base we are discriminating against her. She also said that if anyone has a job they shouldn't have any record not even a single DUI otherwise they should not have a job. She's a real you know what. I told her that we would come out there for her appointment but if we get the client or there is a long wait then there will be an issue. And of course she brings up that she does a lot of yelp review writing. I really want to cancel this appointment but I don't know what to do now with her saying that we be discriminating against her because of the place she lives. I could definitely easily respond to any type of review she left about us canceling appointment because were still four days out from it. Would you cancel this and deal with the review and her discrimination claim or go out and try and do the job if we can get on the base?

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Call her back and tell her you've done a little research and found that there is no such thing as discrimination due to not servicing a military base. You've decided that, if you're running a business, you can't do things that lose money.
Sorry, you're not coming out.

No more than that, no matter what she says. You're just asking for more pain when you give in to a bully.

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
Any business gets to choose their service area. You don't service San Diego either, not discrimination, just a business decision motivated by economics and/or logistics.

we are no longer servicing the base because of the amount of time it takes to get onto it and of possible times that our guys have been declined.
You are under no obligation to explain why: "Sorry ma'am, our service area doesn't include the base". That's all that needs to be said (in the future, at least).

Reactions: BIG WOOD

FredC

Village Idiot
You really armed her with negative info about your employees?

Not sure what I would do.....other than not letting her bully me into setting an appointment to begin with.........

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
You have to charge more for base cleaning.

If you want you can explain it all out but the end result is you sell time. The time it takes to get processed to get on base, you could be making money elsewhere.

Charge a reasonable rate, so you can defend it. But be sure to cover that extra time.

Not cleaning on the base sounds much worse than charging more for cleaning there.

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
I would tell her that you are proud to service the base but would like a letter from the Base Commander that would make your company getting in and out faster... due to issues mentioned in the past... you of course would need to furnish all required insurance documentation. The letter would be her responsibility.
Could make working at the base in the future easier and maybe more profitable.

todg

Name
Michael Marcus
My experience with Nellis Air Force Base is people there all want a deal, usually, work for nearly free, and a mfer to get on and off base...I have done several government estimates...Waste of time...you're a carpet cleaner with multiple trucks looking for any work...with that being said..." it's an opportunity for ya" why pass?

Will, I also rarely go to the east side of town like 89121, 89122, 89142 NOT FOR ME...and if I do I get the job on the phone first before I consider that sunrise mountain area...

And surprisingly enough I rarely go to west side of town like Durango and spring mountain or vicinity...

Last edited:
Reactions: WillS
F

FB7777

You really armed her with negative info about your employees?

Not sure what I would do.....other than not letting her bully me into setting an appointment to begin with.........
Your first mistake was divulging personal info about your employee

Your second was telling us here :biggrin:

You really screwed the pooch on this one

No advice here... we'll maybe one piece... stop being a :numfi:

EDS

Name
Ed
I would tell her that you are proud to service the base but would like a letter from the Base Commander that would make your company getting in and out faster... due to issues mentioned in the past... you of course would need to furnish all required insurance documentation. The letter would be her responsibility.
Could make working at the base in the future easier and maybe more profitable.
Solve the problem...

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I would tell her that you would be happy to serve her but due to the lengthy waits and possibility of being declined on arrival, you will need an upfront, non refundable deposit on her credit card. Factor in your extra costs and give her the price. She will probably decide to go somewhere else.

Reactions: Old Coastie

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
I might have made that first post a little confusing as I was writing fast. I did not tell her that any of our employees had a DUI, she mentioned it to me that if any of them had a DUI or any other misdemeanors they would be decline. It made me think of one of the guys that we have working for us that was the declined going in there. His past dui must have been the reason. The thing that upset me most with this customer is when she said if any of your staff has any DUIs or issues they shouldn't have a job. This is a blue-collar industry a lot of employees have past issues but the staff we have are amazing employees. Just a real b*}*{^ comment.

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
Im starting to rethink this FB advertising thing.

is everybody a complete retard on that site?

Crazy thing is these aren't even FB people. We have been listed on the top of first page on google for a lot of keywords so it is random people searching. Our online bookings have been crazy.

Haven't spent a dollar on Facebook since end January. Google listing has booked up the schedules.

Reactions: Mikey P

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
Btw. I just hit 1,000 messages on here. What color badge does that get me?

nintendo-BP0191c.jpg

:clap:

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
A simple "Out of my service area" usually explains that to them.

steve_64

That's not to bad in my eyes.

Just mention how you don't service the base due to being refused entrance on other occasions. Mention that you support the military but that its a business decision you had to make.

I wouldn't sweat it to much.

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
"Star L" sounds like a dependapotomus, or a mid level officer's wife. Both tend to think highly defensively of themselves.

Will. If you are open to suggestions, answer the other military readers, not Star.

"It is hard to describe how frustrating it is to be unable to service homes on the base. We have been turned away at the gate on multiple occasions, without being given clear reasons.
To all our military friends, we'd LOVE to work for you if you live off base! In fact, all active duty and retired service families get 20% discount!
Meanwhile we are working with the base authorities to obtain the proper permission to be an on-base vendor. Thank you for your patience and especially for your service to America.
---Will, the Bestest Carpet Cleaner Ever."

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
"Star L" sounds like a dependapotomus, or a mid level officer's wife. Both tend to think highly defensively of themselves.

Will. If you are open to suggestions, answer the other military readers, not Star.

"It is hard to describe how frustrating it is to be unable to service homes on the base. We have been turned away at the gate on multiple occasions, without being given clear reasons.
To all our military friends, we'd LOVE to work for you if you live off base! In fact, all active duty and retired service families get 20% discount!
Meanwhile we are working with the base authorities to obtain the proper permission to be an on-base vendor. Thank you for your patience and especially for your service to America.
---Will, the Bestest Carpet Cleaner Ever."

Best response ever. I was waiting Til this evening to get home and write it. I usually like a cool off period so I don't respond in a way that hurts us.

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
Like really?? Your gonna write that review and then text us. End of story. Done with her. Everything had to hold me back to not say something stupid.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    211.6 KB · Views: 215

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
Your right. I ended it there. This week has been very odd. at times I wish I had a boss to say, "hold on, let me have you talk to my boss." Then I remember the kind of money I make and think, it's worth it.

Reactions: Desk Jockey
Back
Top Bottom