In a pinch

G

If you guys were strapped one month and you found a part on the internet (same exact part) for half the price of your distributor would you do it?

Kevin

Greg Loe

I probably did it before I was strapped :shock:

But, if we're talking something cheap, who cares, if it's expensive, yes I would.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
well, DUH!

strapped or not, if i could find the identical new part for 1/2 the price, I'd be foolish not to buy it.

note..that's "if" we're talking more than a couple/three/five bucks $avings.

however, truthfully, if I was "strapped", I wouldn't feel guilty about it for $5 bucks

you have to feed "your" family "first"
Not your disty's

..L.T.A.

Greg Loe

I usually go by the people I trust and like. I like a lot of Magic wands cleaners, their more expensive but so what.

Parts? I tried local,who was 1/3 more expensive than Jon-Don, and they couldn't get an order right to save their lives. I'd even call ahead to make sure everything was good, go down to pick it up,WRONG PART! or worse, NO PART!. That's after confirming it's there!.OMG!

Now I go where I can get what I want. $1000 item sells for less than $600 at Jon-Dons, guess where I'm going to order from. I like Jon-Don.

G

Actually, it is windtrax.and I can get pumps and acc.for more than 1/2 off. I know what I do,just thought I would ask what you would do.

Kevin

Ps-I still try to buy things off of them to keep a rapore

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
There is something to be said about customer service and the part is right there in front of you...it should be.

I would talk with my supply store, let them know what I am getting the part for and see if they can match it.

I have bought so much from my supply store that sometimes they give me stuff for free and will usually get a break on time when servicing.

With that said, I am sure they are not losing any money...have you seen the prices for something with the "carpet cleaning" stamp on it?? Sheesh. :?

TimP

I don't buy carpet supply stuff from people on e-bay, however Olson has an ebay thing going on. But I do shop around, especially with chemicals and supplies. I've actually almost stopped buying from the local guy because he's more expensive. The stuff that's the same price I buy from him because it comes faster due to distance. But I wouldn't buy from a reputable company. If for instance someone told me they had bought a certain part from a company and everything was on the up and up yeah I'd buy it from them if it was cheaper. But usually there isn't a mark up of double on parts at least there shouldn't be.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Steven Hoodlebrink said:
So what happens if you get a crap part, and they won't refund your money ? Or if its E-Bay ?

welp, I'm ASSuming (maybe too much) the part is from a "reputable" source and not some dude selling Rolexx watches on the side walk... :wink:

as far as e-bay, If it's one of the "pro sellers", I wouldn't be too concerned
"if" they had a good rating

..L.T.A.

SRI Cleaning

Name
Anthony Firmani
I like Jon Don as well and buy most of my stuff there. But when i needed a pump for my white magic, I got it for less than half the price at pressurewasherparts.com. They were very helpful and had the pump here the very next day.

That being said though. I think it is generally good policy to support you local distributor. I walk into jondon and they all know my name. There is something to be said for that.

Greenie

I think if you are mechanically inclined, buy where you see fit, if you tend to "depend" on the local store then throw some money their way, you may want them to remain in business for awhile.

We have nobody in a 25 mile radius that services TMs here.

diamond brian

My local distributor has saved my butt on repairs more than once, and he's real good people. So, I try to buy from him exclusively.

He doesn't carry Cyclone or the right encap products, and his list prices are high. However, I know he appreciates me and usually offers a discount without me having to ask.

For us non-mechanics, having the right man in our corners is priceless.

Jeff Madsen

Supportive Member
Name
Jeff Madsen
Ditto what Brian said. I think some of you guys would be amazed at the treatment and loyalty a distributor would show you once you have a relationship with them. I get great pricing and great service from my distributor but I've done business with them for seven years. Walk in with a smile instead of bitching at them, show them some loyalty and you'll be amazed at how fairly they will treat you.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
After you do it, the guilt will get you.

When it does, send me the balance of what it should have cost and I'll work with your distributor to get you back in good graces! :roll:

:twisted:

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Jeff Madsen said:
Ditto what Brian said. I think some of you guys would be amazed at the treatment and loyalty a distributor would show you once you have a relationship with them. I get great pricing and great service from my distributor but I've done business with them for seven years. Walk in with a smile instead of bitching at them, show them some loyalty and you'll be amazed at how fairly they will treat you.

I would imagine this would work in any industry...I am just naturally like this. Don't kiss anyones ass but dont be an ass either is how I work.

So what happens if you get a crap part, and they won't refund your money ? Or if its E-Bay ?

Steven Hoodlebrink

Well I use a Credit Card and would back charge them :shock:

Fred Homan

Local distributors need to be competitive with those who shop online. They think they have you by the balls! NOT! :shock:

Greenie

Actually, I'm in disagreement with my friend Fred on this one, I think your local has to be reasonable and fair, but I rarely would ask him to price match, there is more to this business than that. 99% of our customers don't hustle me on price and we appreciate being allowed to make profit and still serve, It's why we are growing.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I would only do it if we were talkin more than a hundred bucks total with shipping and everything. But I can't think of a time that my supplier was ever that far off.

Generally they can get it cheaper than I can after I pay shipping and all that.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom