In plant equipt.... is this stuff the "katsas"?

rhyde

Name
rhyde
Katas has been around some time there's a few of their machines in the USA

Perhas Clark should have taken a close look at their centerless bearing system :roll:

Name
Lee Stockwell
I'm surprised the German companies are buying the American ones. I remember a West German company that displayed at ISSA in Chicago in 1979, Dolco gmbh from Frieburg.

They were just a couple of decades ahead of their time, don't know if they still exist in some fashion.

Their reps' English was horrible, about like my high school German, but it was fun talking to them.

rhyde

Name
rhyde
there's probably 10 or more centrifuge makers in the world ... 4 in Turkey including Garmac, .. Katas, catnet, universal osca, centrum, badger, Oh there was someone in Saudi Arabia making one awhile back.

DavidVB

I went to visit a rug cleaner a few months ago who has a Katsas unit. I like that they use stainless steel for their cylinders instead of painted steel. The cylinder is less than 14 inches in diameter. It has a 4 hp motor. It is rated to spin up to 1200 rpm but with that small diameter, the rugs were coming out wet enough to still drip when hung. Some large rugs would not fit either. I think the unit also has to be bolted to the floor which seems to put a lot of strain on the frame. Still, it sure beats soaking and sucking.

I looked at these units years ago. I'm glad I waited. My unit from Clark makes the Katsas look puny. 18 inch cylinder which greatly increases the centrifugal force, a 10 hp motor, both cylinders are heavy stainless, remote control panel to eliminate vibration from the centrifuge and an excellent suspension system that does not need to be bolted down and runs very smoothly. I wanted to have an open end to shoot water in, but the stability of the bearing in the door is much better and the rinsing system is from what I hear now successfully engineered.

Engineered and custom built in Alabama by a really good guy who will go way beyond the call of duty to help most people.

DavidVB

They are fine. The design is to copy the design of a front end where the springs (air) absorb the primary motion and the shock absorbers stabilize the movement. Sounds good to me. All I know is that when the machine is starting up with a heavy rug in it, it adjusts very smoothly as the load evens out. The unit has never moved an inch.

Clark can explain it better if he happens to see this.

Joe Appleby

Supportive Member
Name
Joe Appleby
JB,

you can come to my shop and test drive our Katas, but you have to go boogie boarding this time.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom