In the end..

Mikey P

Administrator
What will you be remembered for?

What type of business person were you?

Did you treat folks as friends, lived a humble life and were a man of your word?
Did you hustle your way through life and making millions off chumps who didn't know any better?

or?

hogjowl

Idiot™
I will be remember for hanging my underwear out on the line in my back yard.

And, walking my dog around to poop in my neighbors yards.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Depends I guess. I have been talking to a Guy I grew up with but hadn't seen or talked for over 20 years. He contacted me through classmates. He said he is glad he was completly wrong about me as he thought I was going to be a total loser or dead by now.

So I am sure there are many people that will remember me with less the pleasant feelings and others who will miss me.

And Marty you sure are a strange duck...Now order the damn Baby Blue already...

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
I've reflected on this thought a great deal, especially as I close in on 50.

The people who are the most important to me in my life know little about my professional life and those things that I spend most of my time working on and thinking of.

I know very little of the work or career of my great grandfathers'; I only know a few things about the way they raised there children and how the served their local community.

We should all ask ourselves how we'll be thought of (if at all) in 2080.

Thanks Mike.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I've never hung my underwear on the line, but I'm willing to try.
Marty what do you wear while your underwear is in the wash? :shock:

I'm really not as concerned with what people think of me after I'm gone, as a matter of fact I'm not concerned with what people think of me now. I know who I am and I'm comfortable with it.

A decent businessman, I didn't take advantage of anyone, made a buck but gave full value.

breathe72

IMO, the idea is to eventually move towards being a pleasant, easygoing companion to the world.

Being more of a giver than a taker.

Letting others be 'right'.

Seeing what we can pack into the stream of life.

My daughter was born 8 weeks ago.

Her name is Grace.
grace069.jpg

Man, what a lifechanger.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning

Indeed. I've given up worrying about what people think of me because no one really knows that much about someone to form a definitive opinion. And you really have to take into consideration the person's own prejudices. What does a Democrat think of Bush or Reagan, or a Republican think of Gore or Clinton. They would piss on their graves. In the end all you can do is be true to yourself.

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
"A decent businessman, I didn't take advantage of anyone, made a buck but gave full value."

Ahem, ummm, Richard, aren't you talking about Big Dan above? Where do YOU spend most of your time???

Island Boy

PS Good question, Mikey. Feeling our mortality today, are we? One good measuring tape for your life is if you die tomorrow how many people would truly miss you?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Hey, I was nice on ICS not to post the same thing about you and your website! :mrgreen:

For the record big "D" is out golfing.....at least I'm sort of working! :wink:

Walt

Steve Toburen said:
One good measuring tape for your life is if you die tomorrow how many people would truly miss you?

Maybe if just a few people "really" miss you. I know that when my Grandmother died, not many people noticed - 20 or so. But truly she was one of the most wonderful people I ever met. Loyal, Honest, and Enduring. A credit to mankind.

For myself, I realize that no matter how much I am loved (or not) right now, in several generations I will be forgotten. If I were to do something very bad or very good, that might be remembered. But as to who I really am, the only people who will stand witness to that are my family and friends. To them, I hope that I am remembered as a loyal, honest and enduring.

BTW - This is a really depressing topic. But an important one none the less.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Well said Mr. Walt.

Can we really be judged by anyone?

Remembered for who I am is most important but I am judged by what I do or even what I say.

I think I am a better person in action and thought than in speach.

I really only care about the people I care about (as far as what they think of me). As long as they remember me with love and respect how can I ask for anything more?

There are different levels of this with the closest being my family of course. I am finding that my circle grows exponentially as I grow personally and publicy.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
Mikey P said:
Did you treat folks as friends, lived a humble life and were a man of your word?
Did you hustle your way through life and making millions off chumps who didn't know any better?

Exactly.

Jay D

Name
Jay D
Chris, cute little kid, my daughter just turned 18, i remember when she was that small, my does time fly. I just hope i leave people sayin "hey he was a good guy I'll miss him". :roll:

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
After I'm dead the only people at my funeral will be there out of respect for my wife.

So I will be making a video and showing it at the funeral telling them all to,

KMA!

I told my wife to have lots of clowns walking around and play my favorite music from Primus.
No mimes....I hate mimes.

I'd like to have my body stuffed then have it standing by the door greeting her family as they
visit.Maybe that will stop them once and for all from visiting.

As long as I have the LOVE from my 12 year old son I'm happy.
The rest of you bastards suck a big one.

One last request would be to have a throw down with lisa wagner at some low rent motel.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom