In the market for a new truckmount

Josh Almanza

Name
Josh Almanza
if you were going to purchase a second truckmount or upgrading from a 20 horsepower with a #4blower, which truckmount would you go with? Keep in mind I don't ever dual wand or ever need 250+ hose runs. Also don't currently offer tile and grout cleaning, but planning to add this service once I get the new truckmount. I talk to my local distributors but they all refer models they have in the store. Prochem chemicals promote prochem machines and so forth, which I get, but wondering what you seasoned cleaners would recommend, thanks.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Slide in : get a tm with the liquid cooled kubota engine. I chose the Titan and I don't regret it. I'm a one man setup

Direct drive if you have faith in the van. Is it heavy on the miles??? If so, look at the slide in. Is it s newer van??? Consider a Hydramaster butler or cleanco. Whatever the wallet allows

Onfire_02_01

Name
Jeremy Gray
My choice for slide in is the masterblend el diablo. Either desiel or hx is available.
My choice for direct drive would be a cleanco.

icleancarpetz

Name
Rafael Samson
I'd consider upgrading that 20hp engine to 28hp. That number 4 blower is enough. Then get another slide-in with the same specs as mentioned.

if you can pay cash for the butler or anything else similar then go for it. Payments will choke you.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We have Butlers, we have also owned Hydramaster CDS's they are and were great units. Definitely a consideration if purchasing a complete setup.

Payments are only an issue if you spend more than you reasonably should, vs your cleaning sales. If you can easily afford the payment it's hard to go wrong with a new van and a new TM.

Our crews have been blown away by the power and performance of the Everest. We use it frequently running two Zipper spinners and the machine has plenty of power to do so. The power plant is a car engine. It's very dependable and solidly built. It might be more than you want but the reliability factor of the power plant makes it a no brainer.

Buy the best you can afford, provided you have the 8ncome stream to support it.

Reactions: hogjowl

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
I'm considering selling our Cleanco, once the ol' Butler is wrapped and I'm convinced she can carry us for a season.

'09 Ford E250 with 90 K miles
Cleanco Compact 47 with Max Heat has @ 3800 hours on it.

Reactions: Mark Saiger
Name
Nate W.
Idk about the HydroMaster CDS waste tank... Multiple people had problems with it corroding in the same spots...

I'm pulling the trigger on a SS870... If the deal goes through..

Reactions: Able 1 and Russ T.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Josh;

Since you are in Houston, we are only a few hours away.

Our slide-in uses Honda or Kohler "big block" engines. Both have proven reliability.

We do like to operate our TM's with higher vac levels than most of the machines mentioned (16-17"hg.)

Our all stainless HX has been tested to 3000 PSI and operates up to 1500 PSI for Tile & Grout cln.

Our TM has 100 Gal. Recovery Tank & 75 Gal. Fresh water tank included.

http://www.cobbcarpet.com/zen/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=66

YouTube Video on our TM design:

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Been running Butlers for years now with our family....

Have a new one being shipped as I write this...

There were some great rebates and other options currently available through Butler that made it too good not to buy right now.

We were going to wait another year, but we just had too much incentive to do it now.

My old Butlers keep going after me for years. My brother Dave is purchasing my 2011 and it will go for thousands more miles and hours...and then someone else will probably buy it and run it for thousands of miles and hours after that....

They are built to last, even including the van the way Butler sets that up too....

Plenty of power, heat and suck for us common guys as many here have been around my Butlers.....

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I love my pro 1200 I only have 400 hours on it, but the auto real and 120 gal fresh water tank is great.

My payment with the van and machine is a $1000 a month.

60 payment $5000 down

Back
Top Bottom