Increase my cfms

Josh Almanza

Name
Josh Almanza
Does my titanium sapphire that is 1 1/5 with a 2” inlet coupled with a 20ft 1 1/2” whip hose decrease my vacuum? It seemed when I was using my 2” greenhorn wand carpet dried quicker.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I have a 17 ft section of a brown flexible 2 inch hose that I use for a whip when using 2 inch tools. I would like to buy more.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Yeah, the small whip hose you're using is causing the problem. Invest in a better 2" whip hose, and your problem will be solved

Reactions: Jimmy L

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Does my titanium sapphire that is 1 1/5 with a 2” inlet coupled with a 20ft 1 1/2” whip hose decrease my vacuum? It seemed when I was using my 2” greenhorn wand carpet dried quicker.

not familiar with the Saph-Ti

and I dump'd the 1.5 whip 30 years ago...so start there

but could also be different jet impact characteristics of the two wands
all things equal (PSI and jet flow) closer to fiber jets impact harder and can wet backing more

..L.T.A.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Ok, so if an 1 1/2" whip hose is sp restricting then why is Tom's new 1 1/2" wand kicking so much ass and getting incredible dry times? It really is a force of nature. I believed I understand why, and the theory is pretty amazing, but do you guys know why?

Last edited:

steve_64

Ok, so if an 1 1/2" whip hose is sp restricting then why is Tom's new 1 1/2" wand kicking so much ass and getting incredible dry times? It really is a force of nature. I believed I understand why, and the theory is pretty amazing, but do guys know why?
Because the restriction is at the wand not for 25 feet of restriction.

But small adjustments to how you wand can help increase dry times even with a lead hose.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Laminar airflow is the air flowing at the same speed and direction. Every time you put something in the way, it creates turbulence and some air goes in a different direction. A straight tube will have better airflow than a tube with a couple of s-bends. Same thing, if you have a pin keeping the wand lips from closing, the air has to go around it. A 2 inch tube may move more air but a 1.5 inch tube will move air at a higher speed.

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
I don't know but it sounded good didn't it?
Lol... Yeah i knew what it is. It take a tremendous effort to produce laminar flow at large scale...but ya right, giving it the most linear flow possible will yeild significant cfm improvment..

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
All too much BS over those 12 inch wands. I checked the one by sapphire?
FOR AROUND $1200 BUCKS?
REALLY?
REALLY?
REALLY

DOES MARTY LOOK STUPOOD?

Reactions: BIG WOOD

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I had a conversation today with one of my gossip friends about that sapphire wand. How can they price that wand so high, when the mach15 is around $750

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom