Insulating van from winter temps...

blaisesdaddy

Just wondering...When I installed insulation along the ceiling of my van, I noticed a pretty big temp difference inside the van during the cold winter months. Do you think if I pulled my freshwater and recovery tanks (Butler) to place fiberglass (R19 maybe) between the van side wall and the tanks that there would be another noticeable temp difference? What about adding plywood to the floor? I realize that it would probably take an afternoon to complete. Do you think the results would be worth the effort?

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
It makes a big difference. I had it both ways (insulated and uninsulated) and it stays much warmer in the winter. If you don't have any wood on the floor, everything will freeze if you leave it on the floor. I used foam insulation.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
bitch about the desert heat but the only thing that freezes in the winter around here is you guys................

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
The cold doesn't bother me, the snow does. I'm ready to give this gig up for that reason.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
I have 3/4" plywood floor that is cover with carpet tiles

the side walls and ceiling are insulated and covered with 1/4" plywood

it usually don't worry about over night temperature drop below freezing unless it is getting into the 20's, then I will put a heater in it

-JB-

Name
JB
Hey Jim,

bitch about the desert heat but the only thing that freezes in the winter around here is you guys................

Bite me! :wink:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom