Interlink's new UV light

Mikey P

Administrator
How does this compare to the Cobb light power wise?

20150609_110043.jpg

Name
Nate W.
Lordy that dude looks small for $400.00. :eekk:

I think I saw them in a bin at Harbor Freight. 2-for $5.00. :winky:

Story of my life...........:icon_cry:

So there's the Cobb's, the Crime Scene clean up Olson sells, and now this one from Interlink......... Seems like Cobb's is the best bang for the buck......

Reactions: Larry Cobb

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Once they realize it needs to be replaced. For how much does Cahvez Resto sells them the new pet for?

Also, is it true that if they do more than three rooms, you also give them a free haircut?

Last edited:

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
If they replace the pet, I move in for Free room & board. I also promise not to piss on the carpet.

Yep, I'll piss on the upholstery & tile. :winky:
You guys give the term "full service company" a new meaning.
No wonder you're hard to compete with.

Last edited:
Reactions: Desk Jockey

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
The price is for a kit, UV urine detection light / flashlight, case, batteries, battery charger, hard shell case bundled together. You can buy just the light, but the package is the best deal.

I have not seen a better light and we have tested and compared dozens over the last two years.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Side by side is lame.
How bout mano a mano?

According to Cob, his ------- (fill in the blank) is absolutely, positively, the bestest.
It's just weird how that works.

Reactions: kingjoelking

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
I like Cobb's but we don't use it very much. We don't do much pet urine work. Its used mostly for inspection to show them how severe the damage is and why it needs to be replaced.

Same here. I sure wish there was a product that actually worked to get rid of the smell. I have no faith in any of them at this point.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I think it can be done effectively but its usually more expensive and extensive than most people want to get into.

Disengage the install, remove the pad, clean the subfloor, seal the subfloor, remove affected tack strip, possibly lower drywall clean & treat both sides of the carpet, new pad, reinstall.

All so the Fido can start the cycle all over. :errf:

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
I think it can be done effectively but its usually more expensive and extensive than most people want to get into.

Disengage the install, remove the pad, clean the subfloor, seal the subfloor, remove affected tack strip, possibly lower drywall clean & treat both sides of the carpet, new pad, reinstall.

All so the Fido can start the cycle all over. :errf:

Exactly...and that is why I love carrying Cobb's light in...every time. Because of the jobs you walk into and have that smell and they say there are no pets....and you turn on the light: TAADAAAAAAA- glows like a 1980's disco with all the green splatters throughout. And of course, that is when it comes "oh yeah we used to have a dog/cat for 18 years but Fido past on last week..."

I love it when I can see-show the extent of the damage and not have to be responsible for what they don't want to pay for.

kingjoelking

Supportive Member
Looks like its a 4 LED flashlight. 2 LED's and 2 UV LEDS. The ad doesnt say wattage. Cobbs is supposed to be a 7 watt Single Bulb high power UV LED. Where I am going to go out on a limb and guess that this is 2 3 watt LED's. But I would love to see a UV light off between the two.

But the results would probably be inconclusive.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Looks like its a 4 LED flashlight. 2 LED's and 2 UV LEDS. The ad doesnt say wattage. Cobbs is supposed to be a 7 watt Single Bulb high power UV LED. Where I am going to go out on a limb and guess that this is 2 3 watt LED's. But I would love to see a UV light off between the two.

But the results would probably be inconclusive.

That light has 3 UV LEDS that operate at 385 nm. Each LED is 3 watts for a total of 9 watts.

kingjoelking

Supportive Member
That light has 3 UV LEDS that operate at 385 nm. Each LED is 3 watts for a total of 9 watts.

That is misleading. Each light is 3 watt for a total of 3 watts each. putting 3 lights together doesnt increase power it increses the number of lights drawing from the battery. Other wise those crappy flashlights with 51, 1 watt LED UV flashlights would show pee like you had the sun in your hand.

QDCC-Barry

I guess I need to check this Interlink light a little better - it might be a better overall deal after all. I just went to Cobbs website to actually buy the UV light talked about here for $239 and when I went to purchase it the only shipping option was going to cost $46!!!! That's a tad much for something so small and light.

(BTW - I did try calling Cobb's to ask them about it but it was after hours)

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
I guess I need to check this Interlink light a little better - it might be a better overall deal after all. I just went to Cobbs website to actually buy the UV light talked about here for $239 and when I went to purchase it the only shipping option was going to cost $46!!!! That's a tad much for something so small and light.

(BTW - I did try calling Cobb's to ask them about it but it was after hours)

The UV light or the UV light kit from Interlink Supply qualifies for free shipping if you order totals $350 or more. Find a few other items you need and you can reach that amount easily. Otherwise expect shipping to be about $12 to $15 depending upon where you live.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Shipping on our #GG8BL UV spotlight is $12.95 in the U.S.
Wattage stated is inlet power.
Efficiency and Reflector are what determines the actual UV output level.
This is what you could be showing your customer :
Urine.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: J Scott W

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom