Interview with Shawn York 9-26-07

G

Is there any new ideas for the big truck to have a different blower to help with noise...or more soundproof with the units to keep them quiet like the other one on the block?

G

Also is there any thoughts on about the flow issue? Is it time for Vortex-Blueline to revamp the wands that we see today in a whole system form?

Mikey P

Administrator
Shawn York said:
[quote="Mikey P":2sy3ofbw]When will the Vortex be supplied with a reel that divides the 2.5" from the 2" hose?

There is no way that any of us can do anything BUT get your damn 2.5" reel now dude. You have been so obnoxious about it it has become impossible to ignore. Did you used to sell real estate? . There are lots of other things we have been a lot more excited about in the last year. We'll get to it. back off.[/quote:2sy3ofbw]

Coming from a guy whom has never had to deal with two size hoses on a daily basis.
You have no idea what a pain in the ass it is to have to reel up 6 lengths of hose in a particular order.

I believe Green Glides will have a Reel modification kit to divide a V reel into two sections soon enough . But there really is no excuse for a Vortex with 2.5 ports to be sold with out such a basic feature.

Greenie

Chad catch up.

Is that the "Vorninja" on the banner ad above?

According to Shawn, we have 350 potential SplitReel customers, should be about this time next month for the first one.

Mikey P

Administrator
BLUELINE1 said:
How much do you want to carry and where do you want it, out the side or out the back?

Thom

No reason a V reel can carry 150 of 2.5 and 250 of 2".

You have the space. The new BL reel stand is plenty beefy to hold up a bigger spool. Now just divide it into 2/3rds.

Mikey P

Administrator
I can understand why Thom does not want to supply a PROCHEM Ti wand with his machine so why not make the second best wand ever made included as standard equipment?

Yep, you guessed it, the Greenhorn Wand. And guess what? You can order them with 012 flow!

BLUELINE1

Gotcha and we are listening....... Let's talk over a beer (or wine)......I like the red Zin...........

G

Do a little flow test..and look at what nozzle mfgs say what they say jet sizes should flow.

Its interesting when you see what they say and write about their flow numbers and what we are getting.

That's the smack I'm talkin about.

Mikey P

Administrator
Hey Lisa,

I hear David Berkowitz is at your door right now selling boy scout cookies, why dont you get a case of snicker doodles for all of us to enjoy right now.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Kodiak Series C5500, NICE truck!

c5500.jpg

Take care,
Lisa

Bob Foster

Thanks Shawn. got to go try out my brand new Greenhorn on a nasty restaurant..... Thanks Jeff and Lisa!

-JB-

Name
JB
Shawn,

Why do most TM manufacturers give so little thought to winterization of their units?

It's understandable with so many manufacturers being located in warmer climates, BUT, there are a lot of us that have to give very serious consideration to operating units in single digit temps.
It seems ridiculous that some one would spend 70-90k for a unit and have to go to Lowes and buy foam panels to stick to the inside roof and sides of the truck themselves to keep'er warm.

thanx.

PS
when do you think you guys will be able to manufacture a unit that can out perform my Steamin Deamon?
:wink:

cu

Supportive Member
Name
Cu
sorry im late, hi Shawn how,s it hangin........ can you start again, i missed the first bit

BLUELINE1

Allow me to point out that there are only TWO titanium foundry's left in North America. Ruger (yes, firearms) Investment Castings (Who did Ping and Callaway) golf clubs and where I welded the first ever titanium wand has been dismanteled and now there is now only Coast Castings, Mexicali MX. to do all of the work for all American companies that desire TI products.

Figure out the SS vs. TI conversion. Most if not all of the TI was and is poured from scrap medical hip bones and other medical prosthessises from America and Russia.

Thom

G

cu said:
sorry im late, hi Shawn how,s it hangin........ can you start again, i missed the first bit

Couldn't walk out of the bar in a timely manner...had to wait till ya had to crawl?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom