Interview with Tony Wheelwright 1-10-07

Mikey P

Administrator
I dont think many here are aware of the success you have had with your cleaning company.

I hope you dont mind but would you clue the masses in as to the details of your business.

harryhides

Name
Tony
We've been doing it for over 5 yrs now. It's not as big a market as carpet but most of our Leather custys have rugs and carpet too

harryhides

Name
Tony
Yes, Brian I really like gliding it's a bit "on the edge" as its really up to your own skills to keep the ship trimmed and square and find the thermals etc

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
Is it true you are really a South African Mercenary hiding from the mafia because of a black market diamond deal gone wrong? If so ... Sorry I brought it up... If the bad guys ever google this you're screwed...

Mikey P

Administrator
Tony,

Can you tell us how much of your ccomputer's hard drive is taken up with your files on all of us?

And who has the largest file?

harryhides

Name
Tony
I'll try to answer both Mike's and Richards question.

After having bummed around the world, when the kids came along I had to find steady work and didn't really want to work for someone else. SO I started in Janitorial and built it up to around 600k and 60 employees which was a huge headache with low margins. Even with the stupid pricing we had back then carpet cleaning was far more profitable than Jan.

We now run 6 tm's and are the largest operation in this town. But about ten yrs ago I noticed more and more leather and we were doing less furniture and so started to look into it.

harryhides

Name
Tony
I have files on a lot of info primarily cus my brain is shot. It is mainly as a memory aid. So for example if I meet someones family I'll enter their wife and kids names into my e-mail address book so I wont look too stupid if/when we meet again. I do have large files on Jimmy and Marty

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
By the way... Thanks for the "carpet dye stick" trick. Saved my arse a couple times!

harryhides

Name
Tony
No, Jeremy that's classified info, but I did grow up in the bush and was fluent in some local african dialects and learned some pretty neat stuff from the african trackers on how to survive in the bush, deal with hippos, baboons and bush pigs which has come in handy here.

Mikey P

Administrator
You have slept in the same room as Jimmy, Chad, Myself, Greenie and Lisa.

Which one of us kept you from getting a good night's sleep the most?

Where you at all concerned for your safety at any given point ?

JohnnyV

Is it true you've actually Seen freeflow' Shop? Does his house and shop look like something from "The Color Purple"?

JohnnyV

harryhides

Name
Tony
No, I do not spend much time on a truck but have done so enough to know what we needed to change or improve. Our CC'ing was primarily commercial
to start and since I still had a large Jan staff that was easy. Then I started out distributing for Steamway and 1 mastermatic and grew the Residential service from there.

Mikey P

Administrator
I want to thank you again for all the energy you have put into this Board.

Knowing what you know now do you wish you would have started
"Harrys Board years ago?

And where do you see THIS board one year from now?

harryhides

Name
Tony
JohnnyV said:
Is it true you've actually Seen freeflow' Shop? Does his house and shop look like something from "The Color Purple"?

JohnnyV

Yes I have seen it and while Nick is a warm and generous guy he's also a sort of mad scientist producing some pretty neat stuff out of chaos.
God help him if the EPA show up at his house.

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
Well Tony, I gotta go to bed... Apts galore to clean for slave wages tomorrow (Just kidding Bryon!). I shilled the hot seat session over on Evans board for you though... I Hope they don't roast you too bad! G'night all!

harryhides

Name
Tony
Mikey P said:
You have slept in the same room as Jimmy, Chad, Myself, Greenie and Lisa.

Which one of us kept you from getting a good night's sleep the most?

Where you at all concerned for your safety at any given point ?

Sleeping with Mike was the most celebral of the three events a side of Mike that most don't see.
Sleeping with Lisa and Jeff was fum because of the interaction between the two of them.
Can we not talk about Chad and Jimmy - I still have nightmares. Chad spent a great deal of time in the washroom but since Jimmy never used it it was OK.

JohnnyV

Hey If you guys ever like need Vincent Socked in the Eye or anything before you see him at another Event....Let me know. He seemed like a pretty nice guy but money is money.

JohnnyV

I'm betting it was like a Monkey Fookin a Football....So do Vegan Farts Smell as bad as I read they do?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom