Is 900 psi enough

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Hi, I have an older tm that only produces 900 psi max. Is that enough to power a sx 15 or equivalent spinner for tiles or will I get streaking?

Reactions: flynntr

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Thanks , I'm going to try one out. Did an outdoor tile job today, couldn't powerwash because of lack of drainage and water seepage under doors so used my gekko tool, prespraying a heavy duty prespray and rinsing with a rinse free product. Came up not bad but I think I could do a better job with a spinner. Any favorites out there?

Mikey P

Administrator
The newest version of the SX12 recovers water a bit better than the Turbo Hybrid, which handles better due to a more rigid frame

Toss up between the two

Reactions: J Scott W

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
My other unit that I am still working on uses a cat 3cp pump with a kero heater. I think I can get about 1200 psi out of that with substantial heat. I was hoping for a sx 15 at least. Is there much difference from the 12 to the 15?

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
My other unit that I am still working on uses a cat 3cp pump with a kero heater. I think I can get about 1200 psi out of that with substantial heat. I was hoping for a sx 15 at least. Is there much difference from the 12 to the 15?

The wider cleaning path of the SX15 means you will finsih most jobs faster. It is also a fraction of an inch shorter than the SX-12 so it gets under counters and toe kicks easier.

The Sx15 has the same water flow as the SX12 but the vacuum design is improved and it will leave the floor much drier, faster.

Reactions: Bob Pruitt

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Thanks Scott, always good info. I am loving the hydrocide and pet zone products. Just used the pet zone and watering can yesterday on a serious dog diarhea set of stains and it came out great. Another use for liquid hydrocide seems to be blood stains. I did some the other day and it seems to have worked.

Reactions: J Scott W

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I'm always looking for new opportunties. Did one of my regular customers today who commented that they are looking for deck cleaning. The strata has aprox. 4000 sqft of concrete deck with poor drainage. If I can take my new machine with 1200 psi and my 220,000 btu heater to it with a tile spinner, I bet I can clean that deck like new and leave it dry

Doug Rice

Supportive Member
I just finished a small tile & grout job today and left the SX12 on the truck. Pulled out my RotoVac with the new style tile head and it worked out great. This is only the second time I have used it but it seems to do a good job of scrubbing and rinsing in one step. I think it's better suited to mostly residential or small commercial like I had today. It cut's down having a bunch of equipment on the truck and if a customer ask for tile and grout cleaning it's just a quick changing of the head and your cleaning tile.

steve_64

So far I wish I had more pressure than 1000 psi. On new construction sealed concrete it doesn't blast the dry paint specks off like I wish it did. Still have to mop behind it so I won't use it for that probably. Not cost effective to run the van.

Be careful using it on wood. With the jets so close to the ground it can tear it up.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom