Is a filter really necessary?

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Yeah. I would say so. Nothing pulls out sand and dirt like a good rotory. This carpet I was cleaning was pretty bad today. I prevacuumed, crb'ed, and extracted with the Mytee Brush head.

I decided to pull out the big gun when I noticed all the clumps of hair being pulled out with the crb after I had vacuumed. As usual I was not surprised by what was found in my Devastator filter. I'm glad I rarely need to clean out my waste tank.

Last edited:

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
DISCONNECT YOUR HOSE AT IDLE!!!!

lol
Knit pickee. Don't make me hit you with my Rug Renovator brush.
IMG_3796.JPG

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I thought the title of this thread was a question. Turns out I was wrong.

The answer is NO. Now, let the choir preach.

Name
Jeff T
Yeah. I would say so. Nothing pulls out sand and dirt like a good rotory. This carpet I was cleaning was pretty bad today. I prevacuumed, crb'ed, and extracted with the Mytee Brush head.

I decided to pull out the big gun when I noticed all the clumps of hair being pulled out with the crb after I had vacuumed. As usual I was not surprised by what was found in my Devastator filter. I'm glad I rarely need to clean out my waste tank.

I'm working on a new inline filter.... The 5 gal paint filters are just too big for the Dev...... Got a 12" chunk of 3/4 walled, 3' long teal plastic pipe I got from a city worker dude......just working out the details..... I don't want the mesh to touch the sides...... Got some SS mesh I'm going to have welded into a 10" cylinder...... Wish me luck....

Mikey P

Administrator
I'm working on a new inline filter.... The 5 gal paint filters are just too big for the Dev...... Got a 12" chunk of 3/4 walled, 3' long teal plastic pipe I got from a city worker dude......just working out the details..... I don't want the mesh to touch the sides...... Got some SS mesh I'm going to have welded into a 10" cylinder...... Wish me luck....

Must be a slow winter if you're bored enough to think you can out think Tom.

Reactions: Nomad74

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I widened the opening of my green glide and there's no substantial difference in the amount of crud I get in the filter between the wand and roto-brush.
Just clean the basket after every job (or two) and you'll be fine. Less the dripping cylindrical, one more, extra thing of beauty in the van.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I widened the opening of my green glide and there's no substantial difference in the amount of crud I get in the filter between the wand and roto-brush.
Just clean the basket after every job (or two) and you'll be fine. Less the dripping cylindrical, one more, extra thing of beauty in the van.
I find that hard to believe. When I clean with my Trex vs my wand there is a huge difference. Now you motivated me to make a video about it. I hope @hogjowl will approve.

Last edited:

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
I've rear filter boxes with the Butlers for 15 years

They've probably had them for 25 years

Rinse out the waste tank every 6 months

It's cute how guys think they are coming up with an idea

What are your thoughts on a hose reel?

Or onboard water?

Exactly... what the heck is this "hey guys use a filter" talk about? We've always had filters on all the truckmounts. Stainless steel, panty hose, paint filter, got them all.
I don't think I ever ran a truckmount without an inline filter...

Back
Top Bottom