Is a subsurface extractor really necessary?

Wandslinger

Name
Tom Meyer
I treated some areas today with OSR and decided to conduct an experiment on whether or not I needed to use my subsurface extractor or would my Devpro wand accomplish the same thing. I extracted first with the Devpro and then followed up with the extractor. There was almost zero additional moisture being sucked out with the extractor. It was pretty clear the extractor is a waste of time.

Name
Eric
I forgot my waterclaw on a pee job two weeks ago. I cleaned it out before a job and forgot to put it back in the van. I didn't realize the mistake until after I'd poured the OSR down. Ended up Stepping on my wand and dragging it over the spots. Got a lot of moisture up and didn't have any wicking issues.

Wandslinger

Name
Tom Meyer
you can flush/rinse better with Water Claw.
Claw on the carpet, sol line with open QD , flood/rinse around the W'Claw

can't do that with a wand

..L.T.A.

Good point Larry. I can say I've only used that method a few times. A typical flood of a spot with a glided wand is all you need. I also use the wand to squeegee the product around without the vacuum line being connected.

Reactions: Dolly Llama
Name
Ross Martin
I recently helped a friend with a flood extraction.

Use my Flash Xtractor water claw with Legend, 100 foot hose run.

Insurance company okayed removing carpet and padding the next day. I was surprised how dry the padding was.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I don't remember the last time I used my water claw also. I think it's just a show for the customers.

But for those that have the pinhole glides...(wee little marty). A water claw will be needed. The big Mach 15 takes care of it.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
If you got all that liquid out with the Dev (I have both) I doubt you put that much liquid in.
Unless you did the entire area, half a square inch at a time, for a couple of minutes each. Which will take a mighty long, even in Topeka, time.

Last edited:

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
The subsurface extractor requires the carpet to be wet so that a you get a "seal" from the water at the edges. If you use a wand to extract with first, it doesn't work right. That's why you won't see much difference if you use it after extracting with a wand.

It's a mistake I used to make till I learned otherwise.

I can show you what I mean at the class at Joe's next week.

Name
darren
We’ve had good results with the water claw and decontaminating urine stains plus the customer is always impressed and willing to pay extra for it as an add on.

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
I used a 6” Geko wand to suck a flooded carpet week before last. Worked faster and better than my Waterclaw. Left them with a blower.
Two days later I scoped it with a thermal camera, it had dried out in all three rooms. No smells, no mold, yay.

I oughta go get my blower tomorrow.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom