Is back-breaking scrubbing w/ a grout brush the only way to attack grout?

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
I use an OP with a grout brush, but still need a pole brush. What cleaner chems are you using?

carpetcleaner

Name
Rob Litwin
Almost 100% residential grout comes clean with turbo style tool and my TM. Everything except for the 1/2" near the walls, island, ect. I do that by hand. Commercial grout, I sometimes have to prescrub. I use my rotary with a hard surface brush. I have an OP with tile brush, which also works very well.

For the cleaning agent, I use a private labeled product from my distributor. I don't know what it is, but it cleans just about any dirty grout.

mcatt

Name
Mike
I use on occasion my 175 with grout brush but most clean fine with proper dwell time and my TM & Turbo tool. I use enz-all as my pre treat.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
i never scrubbed grout before i got my whittaker. it cleans just fine without scrubbing but you can go faster if you scrub. we scrub them all now, the whittaker is so fast and easy.

gene

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
It is back breaking when you put your weight over the pole to scrub the lines. Have you never used one Mike? I'm surprised in that first video that you aren't running your crb parallel with the grout lines. How close to the walls does that crb get?

Mikey P

Administrator
I like those Grout brushes.
Home depots has a good one too.

All sort of uses for them.

Try running one along a base board/carpet edge the next time you clean a dog home..

Scrubbing tile along side a toilet, under cabinets, steps, corners.... We find it makes the Turboing go that much quicker and we can use less heat and pressure.

Both of which can grout to crack and come loose.

handdi

Supportive Member
Name
Randy
we started using oxyblaster from magic wand made our lives a lot easier on tile and grout

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom