Is it to high?

G.C.S

Name
Stephanie Barber
I'm turning in the bid this evening for the 10,000 sqft VCT job and I'm concerned that maybe I'm misuderstanding the process for calculating the bid. I took some advice and decided to charge $1sqft. The kitchen is roughly 1066 sqft of the 10,000 total sqft and It's been severely neglected for years so I'm charging and additional .25 for that area. This price does not include the cove base, labor cost, setup etc...

$10, 266.50
Does this sound about right to you?
It just seems a bit high.

Also if we include moving the furniture it will go up however the client ask that i leave that out for the moment as she thinks they have some ppl that can do that. Although Im concerned about that because it that could cause our plans to ge delayed if her movers don't show up on time.

Thanks

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Yes price is too high. Unless you have to move furniture and re-place it perfectly. Hopefully they won't Baulkmat that price but the majority of companies will at that sqft total.

.50 a sqft and you will do very well profit wise.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

G.C.S

Name
Stephanie Barber
Yes price is too high. Unless you have to move furniture and re-place it perfectly. Hopefully they won't Baulkmat that price but the majority of companies will at that sqft total.

.50 a sqft and you will do very well profit wise.

Yes the bid has to be submitted with and without the furniture removal.

Does that .50 include base, corners and areas that are worse than other areas? There's a lot of furniture, appliances andother bulky items we won't move so we will have to work around all of that.

Chris Brown

Name
Chris Brown
Estimate how long you think it will take to do the job. Figure in chemical and labor cost. Decide how much you want/need to make per hour then charge accordingly. If it has a build up of wax or sealer you will end up hating this job if you don't charge enough.

Reactions: G.C.S

Chris Brown

Name
Chris Brown
If you haven't submitted your bid yet I suggest doing a demo first. Test a few areas especially in the bad parts. This should give you an idea how difficult this job may be. Charge accordingly.

Reactions: Bruce Humphrey

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom