Is the 2.5 inch craze dead?

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
As some of you know, I run 3 trucks. All have smaller truck mounts. We have a Rage, a Blazer and a Legend. Not huge truck mounts.

The difference between 2 inch hose and 2.5 inch hose is huge on those smaller truck mounts.

I have a friend that has a 4.8 cds. His truck broke down so we used one of my machines. He couldn't believe the suck.
The 2.5 inch hose craze may be dead for most of you but it sure does make a small truck mount think it's a bigger one.

Askal

RIP
Name
Al
We just use 2.5 from the tank to the back of the truck. Box truck so it is about 30'. 4.7 blowers.

Last edited:
Name
Nate W.
From what I read on the boards, it seems like 9-10" is the "in" thing now...

I still run 2.5" hose to a 10-25' whip of 2" hose.. Small unit syndrome here...

Reactions: Jeremy N

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
I have a friend that has a 4.8 cds. His truck broke down so we used one of my machines. He couldn't believe the suck.

Well if my 370 has more suck just from 2.5" hose I guess there is no point in considering a cds...

D Luke

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
My set-up is 30' of 2.5" to Devastator filter then step down to 2".

80% of my jobs only need the lead 50' section of 2" that I carry in. Probably another 15% only need an additional 25' of 2".

Pretty slick system if I do say so myself.

Reactions: Russ T. and SamIam

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I run 50 feet of 2.5 on both trucks,

Probably doesn't make a big difference, I think it helps more when you go 150 or longer.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Thank you Scott, for restoring my faith in direct drives. It better have more suck, whatever type of hose!
If anyone has done extensive research, Scott has. Due to his findings, I'll be getting a direct drive on my next van/truckmount purchase when the time is right to buy a second vehicle

Reactions: Bob Pruitt

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
If anyone has done extensive research, Scott has. Due to his findings, I'll be getting a direct drive on my next van/truckmount purchase when the time is right to buy a second vehicle
We have both in our fleet. I'm not sure that I'm totally sold one either.
When one breaks down I wish I had more of the other, until it breaks down.

Buy whatever is the easiest for you and will make you the most productive.

They all does squirt and suck! :winky:

Reactions: BIG WOOD
Name
Tom McLaughlin
I actually like the 2-1/2" vacuum hose as first length off the truck mount, but our younger technicians just didn't like the extra weight and size, we pulled them off our Sapphire truck mounts, just running 2-inch now. I do have a supply of 2-1/2" vacuum hose, new in the box, if you guys need any more, just give me a quick ring.

Reactions: Jimmy L and Mikey P

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom