Is the 2.5 inch craze dead?

D Luke

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
I actually like the 2-1/2" vacuum hose as first length off the truck mount, but our younger technicians just didn't like the extra weight and size, we pulled them off our Sapphire truck mounts, just running 2-inch now. I do have a supply of 2-1/2" vacuum hose, new in the box, if you guys need any more, just give me a quick ring.

Link in your signature is dead.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
The 2.5 is kinda like moving your blower closer to the door. If I was motivated to do that, I would have 2-25 ft lengths so I could hook up a 25 or a 50 if needed and run as much 2 inch as needed inside.

Reactions: Nate The Great

ronbeatty

Name
Ron Beatty
I have 200 ft of 2 1/2" hose and 150' of 2" hose on the reel. We do a lot of dual wanding in commercial buildings with dual hose runs of 300' plus.

Last edited:

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Ran it for a few years but went back to 2 inch hose as the 2 1/2 was a pain . Most hose runs are in that 100-125 foot run . Now my 100 feet of the stuff sits in my basement. Might dig it out if I ever have long runs but not for now.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I tried using the 50' 2.5" hose on my rig. It was just too much of a pain in the ass to deal with. I may try it again once I get my new reel installed and when doing larger commercial jobs.

Reactions: hogjowl

Able 1

Name
Keith
For all of you "It's too much of a PITA"... Really!? Pulling 2.5 hose off the reel to the door is that bad(lazy fat fooks)!? We do it how we do it, and that is 2.5 hose and 50' 2" "whip" from there.. Never a complaint from my employee(3years), he is a man!! You are a sissy Jimmy, just saying..:eekk:

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
For all of you "It's too much of a PITA"... Really!? Pulling 2.5 hose off the reel to the door is that bad(lazy fat fooks)!? We do it how we do it, and that is 2.5 hose and 50' 2" "whip" from there.. Never a complaint from my employee(3years), he is a man!! You are a sissy Jimmy, just saying..:eekk:
You haven't seen me try and roll that crap up in a packed chevy express.

Andy

Name
Doesn't Matter
I haven't used 2 1/2 hose, but I know even some 2 inch can be nasty to roll up. I have some 2 inch blue hose that came with a machine, it acts like the spring on a pull cord for a lawn mower. Where do get the better more flexible hose from?

Mikey P

Administrator
No shit.

Reactions: BLewis

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
Do all these smaller or older truck mounts have a 2.5 inch vac system or do you have an adapter to step up from an only 2 inch system when running 2.5 inch hose?

My first truck mount in 1978 came equipped with 2.5 inch hose, so that is what I used.

Reactions: Able 1

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom