Is the carpet market really on the decline?

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I don't see that at all from my point of view.

But for the fun of it, who has the statistics they can show us and can you show who created those numbers also? Because if it's from any flooring or IICRC type organization, I highly doubt it's accurate. It's just another form of marketing

As for my point of view, carpet is only just being adjusted, not on the decline. And if anyone in our service says different, they're just making excuses instead of going out there and marketing to the right customer

Is there more vinyl planks being used in rentals where carpet was? Yes. But Im also seeing a major boost in office complex buildings being built, and guess what's in those? Carpet tiles. 100 times more than that apartment complex. And to shine a light on the vinyl plank forecast in the next decade. I see those planks being replaced with a better quality carpet. Vinyl looks worse than carpet when it's scuffed up and wore out.

Just go back in time and see how well the engineering wood floors went. Once that crap failed miserably, carpet replaced it. Now the carpet that replaced it in the big rooms is being replaced with crappy vinyl. I give it 5 years and carpet will be back in those rooms

My schedule is always full of carpet cleaning. Don't let the manufacturers tell you any different. They're just encouraging their way of increasing sales of their vinyl crap

My Grandfather invested his time and probably was the best carpet salesman/owner of mills during his time. He would've stayed in the food market business if he didn't see profit in it. I just regret that I never followed that path

My forecast on the next shift: Vinyl is replacing tile and grout/hardwood floors more than carpet. Sure, there's no longer carpet in the bathrooms and kitchen. That was 40 years ago.

And while the Jondon/type companies want to push their upselling dirt dragon crap and encourage you to fk up a hardwood floor, you really need to focus on 2 main services: CARPET AND UPHOLSTERY. Furniture isn't going anywhere. In fact, since there might not be carpet in the living room any more, EVERYONE is ditching the old 3 cushion couch and replacing it a huge sectional

My final forecast is expect your invoices to double from this SHIFT (not decline) in our market

Last edited:

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
This might be helpful:

What isn't as readily found is how this is experienced regionally.

You are correct that LVT is over double the volume of sales as tile and grout or hardwoods.

If a cleaner wishes to stick to textiles, being good at cleaning carpet, upholstery, and now especially area rugs is crucial.

Islandguy

Name
bob keenan
Carpet in homes is virtually extinct in Canada . I do notice on American t. v. ads they are still selling carpet packages . No such thing here .

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Mikey P

Administrator
Good vinyl will last aong time

Most vinyl products are not good.

Sitting on the S250 CB to create the IICRC cleaning Standards document is teaching me a valuable lesson in how to talk to people about how ugly and spastic their baby is without saying the words ugly and spastic...

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Sitting on the S250 CB to create the IICRC cleaning Standards document is teaching me a valuable lesson in how to talk to people about how ugly and spastic their baby is without saying the words ugly and spastic...

Your learning of tact and diplomacy is a wonderment to me.

When I see you use it with @hogjowl, even when he nettles you, I will see you have completed your mission

Mikey P

Administrator
Hopefully I don't mess up my new couch.. FB_IMG_1705416983557.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom