Is the IICRC still in business

Dale

Name
Dale Collins
Hi guys:

I have looked at the ICRA site. In the flooring inspection industry there are other certifying bodies not listed on ICRA who are also up to strong arm tactics. I have been in court against the IICRC because of theirs, and the danced so long it ran me out of legal funds. I have certifications from multiple organizations and would love to see them under 1 roof (see my website under resume/cv). Can someone from ICRA look into the possibility?

Sincerely,
Dale
www.flooringinspector.com

Reactions: Mikey P

Big Jim

Name
James Milne
Lonnie I heard a rumor that Shaw has decided to let ICRA handle standards and certifications now...True? Can you elaborate?

Mikey, The ICRA and Shaw have been speaking with each other. There probably will be an announcement soon about about their relationship. One thing for sure the ICRA is not going to be developing standards. They will continue to recognize and cite S500, S520 and S100. I can't speak for Shaw but pretty confident the same holds true for them.

Sonrise1

Name
Jerry
I know it's been several months since comments were posted on this thread, but I'd like to add some experiences and thoughts, so hope you guys see this.

We recently went through the process of getting updated copies of our crew member certifications and found the IICRC had not sent us the bills. We called many times, got their automated voice mail, left a message, and did not get a call back. We emailed, no email back until a day later. I didn't get responses until I contacted Jeff Cross of Cleanfax, and he emailed the right person and we got a response right away. The fact that the new management company does not care about our organization at all is pretty obvious. All they are interested in is the pay check they get, and nothing else. Customer no service is their profession. I never had that problem with the old managers. They always answered the phone, returned calls promptly, etc.

This whole situation with the IICRC frustrates me to no end, because, from my understanding, it has been the organization that worked with the mills to establish cleaning standards, and I was proud to be a member of such an organization. I've sold that to my customers time and time again. Now....well....what a mess! I would like to see an organization where the mills actually take more part in it so that we add more credibility to it. I like the idea of classes, as we have had in the IICRC, but with an actual hands on skills test like I saw at the convention in Vegas two years ago. Are the mills open to such thoughts? What more can we do to influence/create a professional organization that is run by the members, not just a BOD? What are the practical things we can do?

Jerry Robbins
Sonrise Carpet Care
Springboro, OH

Mikey P

Administrator
The management company that dropped the ball on most everything was recently fired.
I'm wondering if you were attempting to communicate with them?

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
I like the idea of classes, as we have had in the IICRC, but with an actual hands on skills test like I saw at the convention in Vegas two years ago. Are the mills open to such thoughts? What more can we do to influence/create a professional organization that is run by the members, not just a BOD? What are the practical things we can do?

Jerry Robbins
Sonrise Carpet Care
Springboro, OH

Another organization -ICRA - is supporting the hands-on training and hands-on assessment (testing). This is gaining acceptance with carpet cleaning and begining to be done with water damage restoration. Many of the instructors for IICRC classes are also working with ICRA. If enough cleaners and sponsors (distributors) ask for ICRA classes, they will become more common.

The mills are open to this idea. Behind the scenes, several are working with and supporting ICRA. However, they have been burned in the past by clenaing organizations and so are very relectant to publically support a cleaning organization now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
The two association thing really sounds ignorant.

Yes, Mrs Johnson you are correct, I am not IICRC certified, I am ICRA. But we do adhere to the IICRC standards. :errf: Any more questions ma'am? I'll be out yonder using the shitter. Just knock twice. :oldrolleyes:

The ICRA needs to establish their own standards or pack it in. Certification means little without standards.

Why do we persist with this lowering the bar for certification?

If Johnny can't read and write shouldn't he be more concerned with skool than Certification? :winky:

Reactions: Josh and Cleanworks

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Worst thing iircrc ever did is to allow firm certification. The rules were never enforced. All a large company had to do is get one of their employees certified in something/anything and promise to have other employees follow suit. The result is we now have national firms certified with only 1-2 employees having ever been in a classroom. What is fooking joke. I would be ashamed to admit that I have iicrc certification. Doesn't mean mean fooking thing.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Jim Holland

Name
Jim Holland
ICRA recognizes the IICRC Standards for this reason: The IICRC S500 S520 S100 and so on, are ANSI standards. What that means is that they are the only ANSI standards that can be developed on those subjects. ICRA is precluded from trying to create a competitive ANSI standard. Developing a non-ANSI standard will not carry the needed weight to compete or be accepted. Dueling standards might actually create greater problems for the industry.

We are happy to hear from any of you that have a concern

Jim Holland

D Luke

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
ICRA recognizes the IICRC Standards for this reason: The IICRC S500 S520 S100 and so on, are ANSI standards. What that means is that they are the only ANSI standards that can be developed on those subjects. ICRA is precluded from trying to create a competitive ANSI standard. Developing a non-ANSI standard will not carry the needed weight to compete or be accepted. Dueling standards might actually create greater problems for the industry.

We are happy to hear from any of you that have a concern

Jim Holland

Interesting. I was not aware that that was how standards worked.

Unfortunately, that being the case, it sounds like the IICRC will continue to wield the power no matter what kind of cluster jumble they continue to be.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Thanks for the response Jim.

Unfortunately I'm still disappointed in the situation.
One body is willing to be responsive but the other holds the goods. :dejection:

F

FB7777

image.jpeg

Last I heard he was reading all the bulletin board complaints from his private beach property in Fiji

Name
Brad Gouveia
Believe or not I am still having problems with the IICRC. Every time I think I get it squared way I get some new mail say something else.

Who can I talk to to fix this does anyone know. I am tired of emailing them and not hearing a word back from them, this is becoming ridicules.

Someone with the IICRC who is willing to follow up with my problems and fix them please email, call, post contact me in some way.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
If any of you recall, the chief complaint prior to the management change was the slow process of getting test scores back and issuing certifications. Metacred supposedly specialized in the field of issuing certifications, so was hired specifically to address this problem. They may have exaggerated their capabilities, and the observation that they don't care about anything but collecting their money seems to ring true. They have not been fired though. They have a contract that would make it difficult to remove them without high compensation.

On the positive side, the IICRC has hired a new Executive committed to looking out for the good of the organization. He has his work cut out for him.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
If any of you recall, the chief complaint prior to the management change was the slow process of getting test scores back and issuing certifications. Metacred supposedly specialized in the field of issuing certifications, so was hired specifically to address this problem. They may have exaggerated their capabilities, and the observation that they don't care about anything but collecting their money seems to ring true. They have not been fired though. They have a contract that would make it difficult to remove them without high compensation.

On the positive side, the IICRC has hired a new Executive committed to looking out for the good of the organization. He has his work cut out for him.

I met with him Friday night. I hope he has the will to fight through this mess.

Everyone who posted their complaints here, and the myriad of good people who don't know they have this outlet and have been equally badly served, deserve better...far better.

Reactions: dgardner and Shorty

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Thanks for that Jim.

There may be light at the end of the long tunnel at last.

This man will certainly need a lot of perseverance.

For those that have been suffering, waiting for a response, I hope you have the patience for the new guy to work his way through the quagmire.

:yoda:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Believe or not I am still having problems with the IICRC. Every time I think I get it squared way I get some new mail say something else.

Who can I talk to to fix this does anyone know. I am tired of emailing them and not hearing a word back from them, this is becoming ridicules.

Someone with the IICRC who is willing to follow up with my problems and fix them please email, call, post contact me in some way.
Someone once posted to contact them on Facebook. Several months ago we did and they did respond.

Good luck!

Man I pitty the fool that tries to fix this broken machine.

Just pay them and quit letting them hold the organization hostage. The next contractor needs some performance checks and balances in it.

These dudes have been fanfookintastic at screwing the pooch! :biggrin:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom