Is There An Adapter For ...

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Is there an adapter to go from shower head to garden hose?

I can spin the shower head right off, so an adapter to go from the pipe connecting shower head to a regular garden hose.

Any ideas?

Name
Shawn Forsythe
It is usually 1/2" male pipe thread.

That being the case, any 1/2 FPT(female pipe thread) x 3/4 male garden thread adapter will work.
My Interlink Supply hard copy catalog indicates that the part number for such is BR319. However, check and make sure it has the female 1/2 inch threads if you order by phone. The online description makes no mention of the female threads, just the male threads on the outside (the paper catalog lists it as a combo thread).

You can probably pick this up at any well stocked plumbing supply or big-box home improvement center (e.g. Lowes or Home Depot)

Last edited:

FLYERMAN

Supportive Member
Name
Ken Raddon
I made one with a couple of the parts that were on that little ring of adapters one would find at a carpet supplier to hook up to the various sinks on the job. Easy enough to make at home depot too.

clean image

Name
Carl Maddock
Probably be fine with adapter

Be aware that portion of in wall plumbing in normaly not under full pressure

Bring a cloth as not to mar finish

pinosan

Name
Martin
Is there an adapter to go from shower head to garden hose?

I can spin the shower head right off, so an adapter to go from the pipe connecting shower head to a regular garden hose.

Any ideas?

yes there is it is sold at the home depot I use it all the time. Let me look for the part number I'll post it on here

Newman

Name
Chris Newman
That is a risky spot to hook up to. You can not see the condition of the water supply lines behind the wall. You can not see if the water supply lines behind the wall are properly secured to the framing. You can not see if the water supply lines behind the wall are already compromised and leaking. You may not see if you caused a leak behind the wall by disturbing the water line.

If you were to inadvertently create a leak the repair would be costly because you will have to tear out the wall. If it is behind fiberglass, tile, or stone crank up that repair cost big time.

The part you seek is very common and available everywhere. I strongly recommend not using it as you intend.

View attachment 2238

Last edited:

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Thanks everyone!, Martin thanks for the part number.
Good points chris, with a garden hose hanging down they could yank on it and over time cause serious problems, maybe even a burst :eekk:.

Trying to avoid buying a kaivac for a new account with a ton of shower work, water spigot is 125 feet away but think i might just run a hose instead of using shower head.
If that doesnt work then will just cough up the $3k for a kaivac.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
That is a risky spot to hook up to. You can not see the condition of the water supply lines behind the wall. You can not see if the water supply lines behind the wall are properly secured to the framing. You can not see if the water supply lines behind the wall are already compromised and leaking. You may not see if you caused a leak behind the wall by disturbing the water line.

If you were to inadvertently create a leak the repair would be costly because you will have to tear out the wall. If it is behind fiberglass, tile, or stone crank up that repair cost big time.

The part you seek is very common and available everywhere. I strongly recommend not using it as you intend.

View attachment 2238

We ended up taking your advice, the previous company did this so a problem might already exist and then it would be our fault. Can see a tech working and pulling down on those pipes without realizing it.

Going to run a 100 ft hose from sink instead.

Thanks!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom