Is this a good idea or not?

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
20170820_190810.jpg

If I place a blower to force more air through a dehumidifier will it process more moist Air and produce more dry air?

Papa John

Name
John Stewart
It can only process what it is designed for, not much more.

With excess air it will likely compromise what it was rated for.

What are you wanting to do with it?

I was wondering it it would work like a turbo charger or like a blower on a carburetor similar as on drag racers.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
You'll be better trying it from the process end at the bottom. It does add more dry air but will push the dry air along with the makeup ambient air.

You could use more air movers to evaporate more moisture. It doesn't increase the cfm the dehumidifier can process but will make the air wetter if you will.

Name
Nate W.
You'll be better trying it from the process end at the bottom. It does add more dry air but will push the dry air along with the makeup ambient air.

You could use more air movers to evaporate more moisture. It doesn't increase the cfm the dehumidifier can process but will make the air wetter if you will.

Did I studddddddddder?!? It's designed to process xxx amount of air.. If it could have been done, I believe someone would have thought of it by now..

Like the HEPA filters on the AM and Dehu's.. That was a smart idea..

Papa John

Name
John Stewart
Did I studddddddddder?!? It's designed to process xxx amount of air.. If it could have been done, I believe someone would have thought of it by now..

Like the HEPA filters on the AM and Dehu's.. That was a smart idea..

:headscratch:Hum-- this just occurred to me. I guess the amount of air a dehue can process is based on the number of Coils it has and not just the amount of air running through it.

Oh well-- at least I stepped out of my comfort zone and tried something different--
Sometimes doing so will produce success and sometimes fails, but at least I tried and enjoyed the process.. even the "Oh-Dah" moments make me chuckle...

When was the last time you stepped out of your comfort zone and tried a new idea, task, or journey?

Name
Nate W.
The studder was meant for DJ, not you PJ...

I always have brilliant ideas, I know this because my pops tells me "Way to go Genius"...

Thinking back on it now, maybe he was being condescending.....:shifty:

Papa John

Name
John Stewart
Measure it.

Probably the best and most intellegent response! Everything is pure speculation and theory until the results are actually measured.

This response lacked any thought want so ever--but I understand where it came from.

This MacGyver move might actually work depending on what dictates when the dehumidifiers go into defrost stage. If it's simply time-based, then this move probably won't matter. However if the dehus defrost based on how frosted the coils are, then this could possibly increase the amount of air that a dehu can process.
My goal or question of this setup was---could I make a lower capacity dehu perform like a higher-capacity dehu with this setup?
But I anticipate the bottom line will be just spend the extra money and buy a bigger dehu.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Probably the best and most intellegent response! Everything is pure speculation and theory until the results are actually measured.

This response lacked any thought want so ever--but I understand where it came from.

This MacGyver move might actually work depending on what dictates when the dehumidifiers go into defrost stage. If it's simply time-based, then this move probably won't matter. However if the dehus defrost based on how frosted the coils are, then this could possibly increase the amount of air that a dehu can process.
My goal or question of this setup was---could I make a lower capacity dehu perform like a higher-capacity dehu with this setup?
But I anticipate the bottom line will be just spend the extra money and buy a bigger dehu.
This is what you need. They even sell a boot to help direct processed air flow as you were attempting.

https://www.drieaz.com/DEC_Product_Base.aspx?decID=1138

Check Craigslist for one. If you can't find one sell your Prochem on Craigslist and buy a new.

Reactions: Papa John

Papa John

Name
John Stewart
This is what you need. They even sell a boot to help direct processed air flow as you were attempting.

https://www.drieaz.com/DEC_Product_Base.aspx?decID=1138

Check Craigslist for one. If you can't find one sell your Prochem on Craigslist and buy a new.

Agreed-- that has been on my wish list--which got side tracked by wanting a 360i BH and swivel wand on 3 vans.

You might want to stop smoking so much weed and get back to reality.
I don't smoke-- I don't like the feeling.

I just enjoy thinking out of the box and experimenting with weird ideas. -- It occupies my time and keeps me out of the nite clubs.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Amazing.
Some people just can't handle anything that does not conform to their ideas.
Keep thinking out of the box and your curiosity intact John, to avoid-

upload_2017-8-21_19-36-41.jpeg

Reactions: Papa John

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Yes but it has to be earned first.

Its just bad timing, we are already working a 50k water loss. Its progressing well but takes a lot of time to monitor. Parts of two floors and the basement of a commercial building. Now this. I think there are 7 in que. :errf:

Oh well back to work!

Back
Top Bottom