Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Mine isn’t. Damn it!!!!!

56AD127A-00BC-4C95-84A6-B6287AD989B3.jpeg

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
only kids, women and morons buy over priced, expensive plastic POS vacs to suck buggers, dog hair and ju-ju beads when a $79 to $129 "throw away" vac works just as well
and when it wears, breaks or "uglies out" from crew abuse, you buy a brand spanking new one

"idiots"

.L.T.A.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
only morons buy over priced, expensive plastic POS vacs to suck buggers, dog hair and ju-ju beads when a $79 to $129 "throw away" vac works just as well
and when it wears, breaks or "uglies out" from crew abuse, you buy a brand spanking new one

"idiots"

.L.T.A.
You're not making me feel warm and fuzzy in my innards.

Last edited:

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
only kids, women and morons buy over priced, expensive plastic POS vacs to suck buggers, dog hair and ju-ju beads when a $79 to $129 "throw away" vac works just as well

"idiots"

.L.T.A.
I’ve got a black bissel sitting in my truck $79 that I gave up on using because it fails miserably on trashed, unvacced carpet. I have about 30bags if you want it for free, come get it

Reactions: hogjowl

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Go to the hardware store and get a piece of aluminum flat metal.

Take those Phillips screws out of the top.

Slip aluminum under the bottom side and even consider pop rivets to hold new strap on back side for support

Now mount the hinge pop rivets (new ones) to the metal where busted out.

You should be able to make that work for a few bucks and don't have to wait for replacement parts

Screenshot_20180113-201537.jpg

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Mark, Thank you for your image you made. Yeah, I guess I could just re-drill the holes and move them over a bit. But i'll just replace it. But, thanks for the idea.

Reactions: Mark Saiger

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I had to throw the backup Kirby on the van until my parts arrive for the ProTeam. I hate not having an edger!

4A57DB6B-1198-47E8-B9BE-2707F06B0A7D.jpeg

Reactions: hogjowl

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Damon have you ever noticed how the pile seems totally unaffected by the brush roll on that piece of crap?
I think it works good. Pulls up the solids happily. The Oreck beater bar is superior and I love the large bag, but it will also give you a workout pushing against the nap. We love our Oreck in our house. The Kirby is also good but it’s just so heavy and no edger. My Dysons don’t last and are a bitch to fix when they break. My ProTeam seems to be an acceptable compromise.

Last edited:
Reactions: BIG WOOD
J

JS41035

Some of the girls that clean for me during the summer love the Orecks. They use either a broom or an old grout brush to go along the base boards. It’s actually faster than it seems.
Especially when the painters have sprayed rooms that haven’t been vacuumed in years. The hair/ paint overspray on the edges is frustrating. But they just run a stiff brush around the ashes and the little Oreck picks it up. Burns up belts on the thick stuff. But not any worse that any other vac I’ve tried.

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
Some of the girls that clean for me during the summer love the Orecks. They use either a broom or an old grout brush to go along the base boards. It’s actually faster than it seems.
Especially when the painters have sprayed rooms that haven’t been vacuumed in years. The hair/ paint overspray on the edges is frustrating. But they just run a stiff brush around the ashes and the little Oreck picks it up. Burns up belts on the thick stuff. But not any worse that any other vac I’ve tried.
Sweeping is quicker, especially with lots of hard. It is nice to do along with edging with vac. I do sweep method on my janitorial accounts often.

Reactions: JS41035

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I hate that VAC. It sucks. :winky:
I tried taking a little advice from a couple old guys on here, saying that the cheap vacuums do just as good of a job.
did I mention that my Royal was in the background just screaming away at sucking up all the stuck on pig poo and wood chips like it was candy? No? Oh yeah. MY ROYAL WAS IN THE BACKGROUND JUST SCREAMING AWAY AT SUCKING UP ALL THE STUCK ON PIG POO AND WOOD CHIPS LIKE IT WAS CANDY!!!!!

SCREW THE CHEAPO VACUUMS

By the way...that Orek would've got clogged up in that little 1-1.25" channel of tubing in no time on this job

Reactions: Nomad74

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom