It is time for a new vehical.

Onfire_02_01

Name
Jeremy Gray
What should I do? Couple of options to me.
1. Keep my current el diablo and put it into a new van. I drove the new transit today and I am not sure if I like it or not.
2. Buy a whole new setup. Van and truckmount. Thinking of getting a cleanco if I do.
3. Buy a used vortex from someone. This would mean that I would have to insulate it somehow and keep it outside during -20 winters because it won't fit into my garage. Is this even doable?
Thoughts....

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
3. Buy a used vortex from someone. This would mean that I would have to insulate it somehow and keep it outside during -20 winters because it won't fit into my garage. Is this even doable?
Thoughts....

Not this option! Winter is a bitch...

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Damn Jeremy (:winky:) what is it that you really want and how are your financials?
Both #1 & #2 are good.
Chuck #3, unless you've been dreaming about it for the last three years. If that's the case and on second thought- therapy will be a lot cheaper.

Reactions: Mikey P

Chris A

Name
Chris
Also if your looking at cleancos check out the sapphire pro 1200se. I have two and they're a great value and a killer machine

Onfire_02_01

Name
Jeremy Gray
Ok how about this.
What if I bought a 14 foot Isuzu and put my el diablo into that?
I don't know much about them and haven't driven one, but the extra space, large billboard on the side, and the impressive look to customer's of the vehical size all have me interested. One person has told me they are nearly impossible to drive in the winter, is this true?

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Ok how about this.
I don't know much about them and haven't driven one, but the extra space, large billboard on the side, and the impressive look to customer's of the vehical size all have me interested. One person has told me they are nearly impossible to drive in the winter, is this true?
I just bought a 12ft cab over and 12ft is plenty.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Ok how about this.
Not true. We have 3 Isuzu box trucks and while they don't have much power, they rarely get stuck. No more than any other rear wheeled vehicle.

They are a rough ridin son of a gun's though. I like the big windshield and they corner awesome but they will shake the rocks of of you.

It would be a bitch to keep them warm though. All of our boxes that have TM's in them come inside for the winter.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Not true. We have 3 Isuzu box trucks and while they don't have much power, they rarely get stuck. No more than any other rear wheeled vehicle.

They are a rough ridin son of a gun's though. I like the big windshield and they corner awesome but they will shake the rocks of of you.

It would be a bitch to keep them warm though. All of our boxes that have TM's in them come inside for the winter.
Not much p0wer? What engine is in them? My 6.0 has plenty of get up and go. But it's empty right now, so that might be why

Chris A

Name
Chris
I drove A 6.0 Isuzu and it had enough power, but it was empty and a stake body so idk how it would do loaded down

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Stay away from the box truck unless you have a heated shop...

And just parking and driving around the Minneapolis area is awful for carpet cleaning... In a large truck...

What do you have right now that you have your El Diablo in?

Onfire_02_01

Name
Jeremy Gray
I have an 06 1 ton gmc savanna extended.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Not sure if I like them though. Test drove one on Wednesday the peddles were too far forward and I felt like I had to reach for the steering wheel. My back was off the seat just to reach 10 and 2. Loved that big front window.
Did you find the steering wheel lever underneath to be able to adjust it?

F

FB7777

Been running GMC vans since 1993

How has your 2006 GMC treated you?

Now that I think about it , I've had the same house, same spouse and same fleet brand since 1993

It's working for me... why ACE with a good thing?

Onfire_02_01

Name
Jeremy Gray
Super dependable I have had a chevy and a gmc and outside of an alternator going bad and a pothole, hasn't really been in the shop.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Get a Chevy box.

chevyspartan2.jpg

Reactions: FB7777

Jim Morrison

Name
jim
Hey Jeremy, you and I are in the same boat. I have a 07 Savana ext. with a Cleanco and am thinking of replacing with new. 107k miles on van 6700 hrs on Cleanco. Repairs have started increasing the last couple years, thats my incentive. GM has a 20% off sale on existing inventory till the end of July, not sure if thats in the US also.

Reactions: Onfire_02_01

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom