It's only 283 Square Feet of Tile and Grout...

todg

Name
Michael Marcus
You ever get this Situation: I get a call from someone who knows exactly how may square feet they have and they say "we'll I just did the math, that's 283x.65 and that equals $183.95..." Why are you charging me $375...We'll mam. my minimum charge is $375 for anything under 400sf especially in small areas that are spread out all over the fricken house...

Meanwhile I have 300 feet of hose spread out for 7 different areas of a 1500 sf house 2 story where you can't even fit a turbo hybrid for one end to the other...LOL...It was more work to do 283 sf than a 1000 sf wide open...NOT ME...Sorry folks...

Better yet, the master bath in a 2 story 10,000sf home...(With a rose bush 10'-0" High in front of hose bib) LOL I get this all the time...And being in Vegas, cactus trees are another notorious emergency room plant...Good Lard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Poop regularly, you'll feel better.

However to answer you question, yes regularly. I hold no malice towards the caller. In fact I prefer the question be brought up now rather than after the fact.

Actually if I can't validly answer their concerns then they should choose someone else. If they just want a cheap price, they need to choose someone else.

I don't sweat it, those that move on were not really my target client and eventually there was going to be a problem.

Reactions: Newman and BIG WOOD

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
All could have been avoided with either a clear communication or a clear pricing explanation.

No reason not to charge more, if the set up requires more work. Most people if it is explained in a friendly and clear manner (in my experience) understand. And the ones that do not................well...............there's a red flag for you. Ignore at your own risk.

clean image

Name
Carl Maddock
You need to add a "separated area" charge... Go over that pricing on initial call in..

If they do not understand that we like to protect the wood,Capet we are are transversing, and there is a cost for that, like said, next

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Your price is too low going in. We charge a min. of $1.00 psft for cleaning, $.50 for grout sealing. Extra charges for any extra labor. We often quote over the phone but if things are not what we expected, we explain the difference to the customer and they usually understand. Sometimes, if they don't, we walk away.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom