I’ve got a challenge coming up at a swimming pool supply store

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
8CFF5013-49A6-4976-890D-22C8E4086CCC.jpeg
Chlorine’s, peroxides, and powdered chlorine products were stocked on this floor and this manager doesn’t know what product was stocked over this dark spot.

And before you tell me to turn it down, I already did. They want me to try. I told them I’ll probably rinse more of the color out of the carpet if it’s not stabilized.

Has anyone ever cleaned in one of these stores before?

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
Rinse real well and re dye like colorful carpet people do? Thought that was interesting....

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Matt. Don’t feel bad. I got stuck doing a Hobby Lobby entrance a couple of weeks ago.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Matt. Don’t feel bad. I got stuck doing a Hobby Lobby entrance a couple of weeks ago.
Hahaha. I remember asking you what kind of potential future jobs you’d get from that. You seemed to act like I never said that, lol

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Hahaha. I remember asking you what kind of potential future jobs you’d get from that. You seemed to act like I never said that, lol
It probably wasn’t worth an explanation.

No, there is no future in it. But I feel better about making the world a more beautiful place, one store entrance at a time.

Last edited:

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
They did a good job at making that carpet look worse. I wonder if the dye dries in that spray pattern
You need to get down on your hands and knees and spread it around evenly. Like when your kneading dough. Really get your fingers down into the fibers and squeeze it. That will help the dye impregnate evenly. Don't wear any gloves or long pants while doing this. The natural skin oils from your knees and fingers will also help the emulsification process. Since you are going to be doing this, please make a video so others can learn from this job. Good luck Matt, I know you will knock it out.

Name
Jeff T
You need to get down on your hands and knees and spread it around evenly. Like when your kneading dough. Really get your fingers down into the fibers and squeeze it. That will help the dye impregnate evenly. Don't wear any gloves or long pants while doing this. The natural skin oils from your knees and fingers will also help the emulsification process. Since you are going to be doing this, please make a video so others can learn from this job. Good luck Matt, I know you will knock it out.
I was taught to apply it, change into your speedo’s, use your goggles of course( you don’t want it in your eyes), get down in swimmers position, and start doing the breast stroke. You’ll want to have enough forward momentum to get yourself across the room. That’s one lap. Turn around, and repeat the process..... it is also important to remember to work quickly, you don’t want it drying up before you have a chance to cover the entire room in ‘laps’. But worry not, if you aren’t swimming fast enough, just have your helper/coach reapply more dye...... AND REMEMBER...... CHARGE LARGE MARGE.........

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I was taught to apply it, change into your speedo’s, use your goggles of course( you don’t want it in your eyes), get down in swimmers position, and start doing the breast stroke. You’ll want to have enough forward momentum to get yourself across the room. That’s one lap. Turn around, and repeat the process..... it is also important to remember to work quickly, you don’t want it drying up before you have a chance to cover the entire room in ‘laps’. But worry not, if you aren’t swimming fast enough, just have your helper/coach reapply more dye...... AND REMEMBER...... CHARGE LARGE MARGE.........
As always, you are correct. Matt, do what he said.

Reactions: Sierra Clean Care
Name
Austin Willoughby
View attachment 77351 Chlorine’s, peroxides, and powdered chlorine products were stocked on this floor and this manager doesn’t know what product was stocked over this dark spot.

And before you tell me to turn it down, I already did. They want me to try. I told them I’ll probably rinse more of the color out of the carpet if it’s not stabilized.

Has anyone ever cleaned in one of these stores before?
Did you ever do this job? What where the results? I do wanna see the walmart video lol

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I’ve never seen anything like it!
My editing skills are terrible! It was this job, when I grew a hate on the prochem quad wand. This stupid job took 4hrs just to clean both entrances. It was terrible. I only took it because my wife's aunt (manager) asked me to clean it.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
A Zipper would have been great in THAT job.
No, it would've been a pain. This carpet had so much sand imbedded, plus, my mach15 was too wide and couldn't get good vacuum contact. I see the zipper doing the same thing as my mach. That's why I used the quad, because it was the only wand that could extract that night. I hate uneven concrete

Reactions: hogjowl
Back
Top Bottom