I've got the truck but now I need a logo, cards, flyers....

gimmeagig

Name
Roxy
Hi,
I am just starting out and have the truck and an ad in the yellow pages.
That's it.
I need to get a logo and get the name on my truck.I need to print business cards, all kinds of stuff.
I went to a graphics company called Imagination Graphics here in Coeur D'Alene today who does all that.They wrap trucks in a really fancy way, which is not what I want.I just want big readable lettering.
They asked for an initial payment of 250.- just to talk to them(they call it logo development) and then they would charge 50.- an hour for text design and 75.-/hr for graphics.
The lettering on the truck was quoted at 1000.- plus 210.- for installation and 200.- for art( whatever that means)
This is the first time I'm doing something like this and I don't really know what things like that cost, but my BS meter went way up when I talked to this guy.I don't think I'll be using them.
I heard there are recources on the web for logo design and I have read about a guy named Wayne Miller here on this site who could be helpful.
What would a typical budget be for some basic marketing including the truck lettering?

Trevor Truitt

Roxy~

I'll send you an email tomorrow or friday. In the mean time, check out Wayne's site at pdqpostcards.com. Make sure you check out his "custom" work by clicking on "Miller Creative! Graphic Design".

Trevor

gimmeagig

Name
Roxy
A lot of good stuff on Wayne's site.I talked to my plumber today who has a really nicely lettered truck and he got his done for 300,-!
I'm not looking for the absolute lowest price but I also don't want to spend 1500.- either.

CleanEvo

You always get what you pay for.

If you are on a tight budget, you may want to check out vistaprint.com, I've used them in the past and you can get some cards, postcards, brochures, etc. for reasonable prices.

duckster

My wife and I designed my van's artwork. We took the designs to a place that does wraps and they wanted $2500. We did some looking around and located a 2 man team working out of their shop. 3 days in the shop got me a beautiful airbrush job and the cost for real craftsmanship - $750.

TimP

I paid like 300 for mine...just lettered with my company name and what services I offer in addition to phone number. I didn't see much point for making it too fancy in my backwards area.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom