I've had it!

Mikey P

Administrator
(The following is a spoof ) :roll:

It has been brought to my attention that some members are referring new and existing members to other forums. I feel this inappropriate for the following 5 reasons.

1) Since we have opened 2 years ago, we have operated at a loss.

2) I unlike other boards make a few bucks off my Banners.
These cost are extremely high and easily compare to the cost of running a small one to two person bussinssess at home. You would have to include the salaries as well.

4) I devote anywhere from 1900-2600 hours a month to maintain and protect the site from deviants and virus's. Add to this the hours for monitoring, posting, maintenance and video production and one quickly sees that this is a full time responsibility.

5) It's just downright unethical to take advantage of the forum that gives so much available to you and someone just demote it in such away. This board is free and open for the people to share ideas and get information from. I would so greatly like to keep it that way (even though I have received many emails requesting to make this a private paying forum).I put hours and hours into making sure my Bird reports are scintillating and educational. It really hurts my feelings when you post these else where.

I enjoy this site and have a tremendous amount of enthusiasm and passion for MB and the industry. These costs don't even include graphic design and video. I want to continue but need your support. So please e-mail me at MIkey @ Mikeysboard.com.com and let me know of any inappropriate behavior or I'll send you pictures of Danny with his shirt off.

I'm about ready to sell this board to Jeff Cross.

MIKE

As you described it to me, it's inappropriate especially in the way it was done:

New "members" sign up, don't post and start PM'ing people to go to another web site.

In other words, that was their only reason for signing up- not to contribute, but to subvert.

The simple answer is this: No PM's unless the member has an actual name (not a bunch of letters, or a nick name), with their profile filled out, AND a certain number of posts behind them... Like 10 or 20, 25, etc.

BY THE WAY QUAT-A-LOT IS ON SALE

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
It was that damn JIMMY LADWIG doing it according to Chucky.

A grub is a grub is a GRUB.
If these grubs are on a mission to entice our members to another site, no doubt they would wait their time out to score brownie points from where they were dispatched.
It's unfortunate but sadly it's a fact of life, these grubs are no doubt so insecure, they would stoop to any sub level to feel as if they belong to others.
A grub hides doing damage until its discovered, and once found it is dealt with. So i suppose we are fortunate to be alerted to the fact that we are being compromised.
I have made many friends on this Forum and i know that if we work as a team we can expose and then have the grub banned.

Chris

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
I couldn't really give a flying you know what who does what & where. I do find it a little ironic that mikey's butt buddies are all over other boards telling people to come here, but that when done the other direction it gets mikys tits in a wringer.

Love ya man- but all is fair in love and bb wars it seems.

Leslie Jones, might have a good solution.

Mikey P

Administrator
Hey Metro, leave my tits out of this.

Before the Allen's Pajama Lawyer contacts me again, you should know that my above post was a PARODY of a post on *** written by Tre.

I could care less if anyone here wants to suggest going to *** to get a answer to a question that can't be found here.

Like that could ever happen anyways...

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
It's hard to believe that some who have been on these boards a long time could be so clueless. :lol: :lol:

#2 Was great by the way Mike. :lol:

Those guys take themselves way too seriously to run a successful bb. Uptight, holier than thou admins/moderators is exactly the reason the other boards can't get the traffic this one gets and it was the downfall of the cleanboard. :roll:

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Don't I feel like a shhtupid now. Sorry I doubted you Mikey.

Back to humpin rugs with my guys in the plant- today is a play day for me.

cu

Supportive Member
Name
Cu
*** is another reason to vote no on prop 8 (people in ca will know what i mean)

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
There were at least 50 people in different areas last night with Yes on Prop 8 signs on street corners.

with a few No on 8 signs here and there.

California is changing for the better....God Willing.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
4) I devote anywhere from 1900-2600 hours a month to maintain and protect the site from deviants and virus's. Add to this the hours for monitoring, posting, maintenance and video production and one quickly sees that this is a full time responsibility.
I'll have to sign up, it must be a great site if it requires the full time work of 11+ people. This is the kind of math that a former IICRC President used to justify a paid position saying, "the job requires 88 hours of work per week."

Of course, this number might have been Mikey's exaggeration. Since I've never bothered to fill out the entire mailing-list-to-sell form to get in I'm as much of a sucker as Ken for any *** spoof.

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
"I devote anywhere from 1900-2600 hours a month"

I only spend 720 to 744 hours here per month on average. I think there was one month I only spent 672 hours. :lol:

JCoviello

Joey Johnston said:
Uptight, holier than thou admins/moderators

Who are you calling an uptight hollier than thou moderator you low life piece of garbage? I wouldn't let you pick up my dog's poo off the sidewalk with your teeth. You are beneath me to the 10th degree. Wash my truck - slave.

Oh, wait...my bad. :mrgreen:

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
JCoviello said:
Joey Johnston said:
Uptight, holier than thou admins/moderators

Who are you calling an uptight hollier than thou moderator you low life piece of garbage? I wouldn't let you pick up my dog's poo off the sidewalk with your teeth. You are beneath me to the 10th degree. Wash my truck - slave.

Oh, wait...my bad. :mrgreen:

Slumming again? Come on in the waters fine.

I was actually trying to be polite and not name names. But you are not who I had in mind, I actually didn't know you were a mod over there. You know Tre's not going to let you stay a moderator if you keep picking on his mentor Joe P. :lol:

Lonny

Supportive Member
I can honestly say that I have gained an immense amount from the short time I have been on this board, I would feel a bit betrayed by that behavior, so I can see where you are coming from here.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom