Jeffery Gitomer's Little Red Book of Sales

Driguy

Jeffrey Gitomer’s Little Red Book of Sales - here are some items i put down in my personal journal after i read this book. I hope it helps

I would recommend any one in the service industry pick this guys series of books up. The little Red book of sales, Black book of connections, yellow book of Getting your way, and the Green book of YES! Attitude.

A couple ideas I pulled from the little red book of sales.

Price vs perceived value.

What does my customer really want? Not just out of my service, but life goals or ambition. More sales? Greater productivity? No hassles? More money? Better image? More customers?

I need to provide the service of mentor, friend and advisor. THEN they MAY buy from me.

Make the client understand (your service/product), say it in a way they can perceive it, the way you say it.

Not every one will buy value 30-40% buy on price alone. Which in turn leaves 60-70% that are looking for value. What are they getting for what they pay for. Give value first, don’t add it. Find something the customer values first, and give it to them FREE.

Quote “ The head is attached to the price, and the heart is attached to the wallet. Tug on the heart, and the wallet, will follow behind it”.

Make friends before you start, or don’t start at all. Establish a friendly rapport with the customer. Connect with them, establish some credibility with them. Be the friendliest. People will recognize and trust the person, connect with them.

When people say lets get right down to business, they are really asking how much.

How do I book an appointment?

I ask, not quite… I ENGAGE, I spark, I provide value, I create interest, I create desire!!!.

IF A CLIENT HAS NO INTEREST – I WILL NOT GET AN APPOINTMENT.

In turn. I need to become the expert. I need to know beyond my brochure and my price list. I need to know who my prospects are, and why they NEED my product... I need to ask compelling and engaging questions. BEFORE I ever set an appointment I have to grab the attention of the decision maker. I need to engage them with questions or statements that make them want to know more about I can help them. I have to know something about them, I have to be brief. I cannot sell more then an appointment. DON’T ask how are you? DON’T ask have you hear about us before?

This is more geared to a commercial customer in the carpet cleaning business but it fits…

DO NOT save the client money. MAKE THEM PROFIT!!!

Tell the prospect how he could win by meeting with you. Ask for a short time to meet with the option to make it longer if interested.

START higher on the corporate ladder then you dare.

TALK PROFIT AND PRODUCTIVITY

1. NOT saving money
2. NOT telling them what you do
3. THEY don’t WANT NORE NEED to be EDUCATED
4. DON’T talk about YOURSELF, talk about THEM.

DO.
1. Talk ideas and opportunities
2. They want friendly help, answers, productivity, and PROFIT.
3. Answers
4. ANSWERS

Do they want answers or a sales pitch.

THEY DON’T WANT YOUR BULLSHIT.

Ask powerful questions. Be thought provoking. Avoid price related questions. Good questions get to the heat of a problem, need, or situation quicly. With out the buyer feeling like he or she is being pushed.

Identification and elimination of Risk.

1. identify the risks
2. create great risk removers or preventers
3. try them out on prospects who resist for no reaon.
4. master them so your prospects buy more
5. teach them to every one.

THE BIGGEST BARRIER to a sale is the unspoken Risk that a prospect perceives.

NO RISK! NO NOTHING!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom