Jim Martin

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I have 2 more lines to pull and replace.
2 reels
and get the tank fixed still

Right now it is running perfect..........

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I really like the way the carpet looks but I am going to wait untill the tank is fixed and them take a look at it.. I want to make sure all leaks are gone

I have made so many changes to the truck I don't think he would reconize it

I will throw up a few pictures of the inside later.

Might even get a few ideas that may help you

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
This is the back after I redid it I don't have a picture of what it looked like before but it was all insolated and had wooden shelfs built in it

101_3223.jpg

This is alittle more close up of the front..

The screws on the outside oof the box are 1/4 20 thread..
That is a very popular size and can be found anywhere and in any style..

I found the star hex head that the UD has and pulled the short ones and replaced with the longer ones so I can install hooks and hang things off the floor

101_3222.jpg

different angle before I had finished and hung the hose hooks

100_2713.jpg

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I also moved the APO hose and fitting and added a reel under the truck to get it all out of my way and make it more easy to get to (conection to the left of reel 2nd picture)

100_2634.jpg

100_2636.jpg

I also moved the drain to the outside toward the roll up door
That will change again when I rase the vac reel and move the other reels over and add a fresh water reel...

100_2633.jpg

John Watson

Great looking rig Jim, Shows you have been abusing your brain cells.

I noticed that you drain is galv steel . Is that for a reason or would a PVC set up work?? Lot easier to install, less problems with stuff catching on inside of pipe.

Mikey P

Administrator
I notice the pipe from the blower to the waste tank is down low...

Does it turn up to the top of the tank inside and then connect to the filters?

Are there two or three blower filters in there?

How much did that shelf on the right cost you and where can I get one?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Yes it turns in the tank and attaches to the 2 filters

I got a steal on the shelfs 3 for $150 they were brand new and never used.. They got pulled out of a van some guy bought and did not want them..

American van sells them http://www.americanvan.com/
for a little over $300 each

I have an hydrolic shop making up my new hoses when they are done I will post the differances for everyone so that you all can check your trucks and make sure you are not having the same problems

Just a side note.........

the reel that I hung under the edge by the gas tank is not really a good spot. Picks up way to much road crap. The best spot for it is behind the mud flaps but mine are all the way to the back of the truck instead of up close to the tire like they should be. I wanted the nice Vortex flaps but could not get any,
So that is another project to move the flaps to the correct spot and then I will move the reel to the back behind the flap

John Watson

I piped it into Galv, because I was not sure if the PVC valve would hold the preasure . Plus after awhile in the desert heat,, PVC likes to break down and warp/twist if it is not under ground
I was not concerned with the galv on the end if the tank as mush as we should be before and after the cat pump.......

Greenie

I can see you have your coolcuffs running in reverse.

If you remove the "adapters" from your tools and put them on the trucks hose ports, then you can turn all your hoses around and just slip the male cuff on to your wand like you do with vinyl cuffs, much less bulkier.

You can also then make use of Joe's 1.5" reducer cuff and a lead hose for smaller tools like your uph. tool.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
those adapters are on the ports of the truck. I pull off what I need and twist lock onto the adapter . I twist lock onto the 2 inch "T" wand but I need to get Joe to send me a few of his slip type reducers for the stair tool ect,

haven't been to concerned with it yet, I am going to replace the entire 400 feet of vacuum hose and most of the cuffs and will have Joe send me everything then.....

just can't seem to get anyone motivated to send me prices on new hose

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom