JIM PeMbErToN is the only one who writes for clean faux

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
ODIN said:
Where his story or article is not a set up for advertisement.

In his upholstery article is MEAT and POTATOES.

and not cheeze cake. Give real info not just bit and pieces.

If you notice right after Jeff Croxx pile articale there is his Manuals by jeff Croxx. are they IICRC or CRI approved reading OH sorry you dont want to take any money from Bishop.

And then you have Chuck Violand with his two page infomercial and WAM there is his advertisement for his 995 dollar system.

Clean fax now clean faux used to be a much better magazine than ICS.

Now they are looking quite the same.

Congrats to Jim for not turning his writings into an informerical.

Jim has always written great articles for many years. Whether or not there is an ad in the magazine has no effect on the article. If the article itself is one long ad then you are correct.

I think you are very wrong about Chuck Violand. His current article in CF is awesome and unfortunately describes too many people in our industry.

Reactions: SamIam

dgargan

I for the most part agree with Terry. But there are exceptions and Chuck is one of the good ones. He does give you some great info so I don't see a problem with an ad for his stuff at the end. It's the stuff Like Joe P. that drives me nuts. No usable info. just a big sales ad.

harryhides

Name
Tony
Think about it, both of the Trade Magazines are written, edited, printed and mailed to us for FREE.
Woo Hoo, what a deal !! You say.

Wrong, most things that are free are worthless, why would this be any different ??

So who provides the revenue to pay for the expenses and provide the Magazine any profit?
One way to save on costs is to give a writer some free Ad space.
Can you blame the writer for wanting something for his time ?

NO !!

Can you blame the magazine for wanting to make a profit?

NO!!

As long as cheap carpet cleaners are not prepared to pay for an Ad free Magaizine there will never be an unbiased Magazine that is unafraid to report about bad Instructors, bad Manufacturers, bad Chems and Bad Suppliers or to PAY good writers to write good, generic, useful and unbiased articles.

Put the blame where it truly lies - with US !!

. :!:

The Preacher

why not make wine with those sour grapes ya no CleanfaX posting viqueen!!! LOL

I wish Chuck would post here and help those of us see his value no matter how much his system cost!

Rob Lyon

Name
Rob Lyon
Jim is the real deal and calls it strait. Cleanfax
is lucky to have him as are we to see him
on this board!!!

All The Best, Rob

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Thanks T, but I'd like to add this thought for you:

One of the things you and I have talked about is how some marketing programs take a "once size fits all" approach, and that you've been concerned that those who offer some programs don't practice what they preach.

I know you, I know Chuck. You would like him and respect how he works with what he offers, and how he treats his clients. He's one that gives more than he takes from this industry. The next time that you and I talk I'll tell you some things you'd appreciate about him.

Oh, and while I won't ask you to "make up" with Jeff, for the record he published my anti-SOA letter to the editor and Evan did not.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
I receive well over 2 dozen magazines a month and the common thread I find is that the regular writers, if not staff, are people who service the industry, or industries that they write about. I see nothing wrong with this and certainly appreciate the challenge that the publishers would have to get articles written with out this support and expertise.

I personally know both Jim and Chuck and I think their integrity is beyond reproach which is why they are successful. I do not personally know Jeff or Joe, but would assume that they are also people of integrity, who passionately believe in what they preach. Differences of opinion and methods of doing things are what make our country still the greatest nation on earth in my opinion :-).

Ken

PS- An illustration of their integrity is that on different occasions both Chuck and Jim have suggested it may not be worth my time & expense to attend something they were putting on. I consider that the utmost in honesty and integrity and I try to emulate it in my dealings with clients and people in general.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom