jondons news letter..is it worth it?

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
i have been trying to get on there web site all day but it is down.
for the ones that use it..what do you like about it, dont like and what are the costs involved?
do you totally dictate content or is there some filler that they use?
thanks for any info
dave

TimP

I've looked into it. You basically pay 50 cents per client you mail to in addition to 60 bucks a month I think for the content. They take care of mailing and printing you just supply the list and add a bit of personalization (your company name and any specials/message). That's as far as I've gotten, I've been building a database so I can market to my current customers if I decide to. They recommend you market to customers you have in the last 2 years only. I am interested in hearing any feedback as in results from anyone who does use the program also.

Terry

Supportive Member
Name
Terry O'Brien
I've been using the newsletter for the past 3 years and it definitely keeps your customers aware of you. It's about 58 cents per customer(it can be more or less depending on how many customers) and $119 for the content. you have no control over the content on 3 of the pages but the 4th page which is the outside one when folded allows you to have statements (what you do, changes or new services, personal announcements) on the front left of the address area and special offer which shows as back of newsletter. When 1 first started using it all customers who I had in the previous 7 years received a mailing and in the past 2 years I've shortened the list down to users since the program started in Oct. 04.

I add my new customers every month and once a year remove customers who haven't been heard from. All your updating and changes can be done online. Parthavi and Tina will remind you with a couple of emails to get it done
I receive a lot of compliments on the newsletter and once you get set up about 15/30 minutes a month updating your addresses is all it requires.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Consider the Newsletter from Interlink. You have complete control over the content. All it takes is MS Word if you want to change something.

Print as many copies as you wish. There is no per customer charge.

You get two version. One prints on 8 1/2" x 11" one prints on 11" x 17".
Subscription costs as little as $40 per issue if you sign up for 6 issues per year.

Scott Warrington

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
hhmmm...i am on my way to the web site.
thanks
scott.

quick question..can you run it when ever you want or are you forced to do it every month.
i feel like every month is a waste and would be ok with every other month but every 3rd month would be perfect. i touch my customers every 6 months and just wanted something in between that.
thanks

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
The Interlink newsletter can be supplied every 2nd month or every third month. Your choice. The cost is a little lower, $10 difference I think, when you use the newsletter more often.

Scott Warrington

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
Either BP's system or the Jon-Don approach works My buddy Scott forgot to mention that the Jon-Don .50 per customer charge includes printing, handling and mailing. In other words, a turnkey system and the personal help of the delightful Tina and equally nice Parthavi comes as a bonus.

As Terry says, we're talking 15-30 minutes per month with the Jon-Don system. What is a) your time worth? and b) the accountability of someone keeping you track worth? I'd say "priceless."

Steve

PS Scott and I are in agreement that a) a newsletter is excellent marketing and b) whichever system you choose do use a SYSTEM. Doing the "from the ground up" as I used to is a killer and totally non-profitable. Your time has value ...

dgargan

I think Jon Don's beats them all becuase of the turn key system. If your like most cleaners you will drop the ball most months trying to edit it, print it, put postage on it, attach the label, and mail it. Why do all that when Jon Don will do it for you.

TimP

Steve,

Could you in Theory advertise for two businesses, with the Jon Don mailer. My in-laws have our local carpet sales and installation business. It would be cheaper for me if I could get them to split it with me. Not that I know if they will go for it but anything to save me money right now helps me.

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
i love the turn key idea..but you are getting into the 5-6 hundred dollar a month area..that get expensive pretty fast.
i really have to think about the added value of reaching my customers 1 time per month for 7200.00 per year or if i make it michels job to spend a few hrs every other month and spend half of that..then take the other half and look for new customers because my existing ones are good to go.
steve do you feel that there is a big difference in reaching customers every month verses every 3rd month with 6 month reminders mixed in.
it just seems like a big investment to make a year.
thanks for the discussion.
dave

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
Tim: When you get into the mechanics of the program I get left behind. My suggestion is to call 800-400- 9473 and discuss your questions with either Tina or Parthavi. They know the program and the very few rules we have much better than I.

Steve

PS Monthly, Dave? Remember it isn't how much you spend but how much any given marketing program returns!!! Once again, Parthavi or Tina can answer your questions or give you actual case histories.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
From my personal experience, we liked to send SOMETHING to our customers each month. However a monthly newsletter seemed to be overwhelming. We sent a newsletter one month. A post card (with a recipe and full color picture) and reminder about one of our services on the in-between months.

I think we appealed to two types of customers with this approach. Even industry suppliers some smaller mailers some months and larger pieces at other times.

Scott Warrington

dgargan

D. Gill

Like Steve said what matters is the return. So it costs you $500 to mail out but brings in $1500. It makes it worth while. I was amazed at how many customers are calling and using my other services because they saw it in the newsletter. Yea I told them when I was there that I do upholstery, tile area rugs etc. but you need to put it in front of their face on a regular basis.

Name
Bruce
I send out a news letter every month. I once thought my regular customers were good to go until I started sending out a monthly news letter.

DavidB

We use Jon-Don's newsletter on a monthly basis, it "normally" goes out middle of the month with next months date, kinda like a magazine more or less. And this is what happens, 3rd week of the month we get about 4-6 phone calls from clients saying they had meant to call last month to schedule a service but forgot, in which case they schedule at that time. 4th week of the month we get 2-5 calls from people saying thank you for sending the letter they misplaced our number and couldn't call :roll: . And we get a couple of phone calls the next couple of weeks from the customer saying they liked an article we added (btw, you can edit content as you wish, they provide a floppy :shock: with the newsletter in Word format) and schedule an appointment then.

It does cost 500-700 per month but, in our case, it does give us 1500-2500 in business minimum. In my opinion it is worth it in many different ways and not only the jobs you get immediately. What I mean is you also stay in contact with the customer, that always yields tons of referrals, and you do something that Stanley Steamer would never ever do, show concern and appreciation for their business.

Wow talk about a rant, I'll just go to my corner and hide now that I just bored everyone reading this ... :lol:

P.S. Just for Steve (and SFS attendees) it also creates a great +MOT that will raise you above baseline for when your late for their appointment :lol:

G

Write your own newsletters. It is way more personal when it comes from you and your customers will really feel they know you better.

Dave

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
hey dave i was waiting for someone that said that. do you write your own?
if so any chance i could get a peak of the format/style?
thanks
dave

Gary Taylor

Jon-Don Newsletter

I have used it since they started it. I have had very good results. I have them send me the floppy, you can change anything you want, if you want to. On occasion I have had a nonprofit organization write an article,and then I would replace something in the newsletter. But normally use it as is. Many of my customer remark on how they enjoy the informative articles. Some even think I write it. I see no reason to spend my time trying to write an informative newsletter when this only cost 77.00 before shipping.

I use a local printer and a local bulk mailer. Sure it would be easier to let Jon-don do it, but I feel this way I am building relationships locally, that can lead to referrals from their businesses. Which it has. In addition, if you do not what to send it out every month, Jon-Don can help you with that.

Gary

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom