Just a little bit of corn starch

Jim Nazarian

Name
Jim Nazarian
They think they have bedbugs, they just had the house heat treated & all the mattresses wrapped, so yesterday she thinks she saw one & freaked...had hubby run to the store & bought 4 box's of corn starch...she poured this stuff all over the house...vacuumed for 2+hours & filled the canister 3 times.

IMAG0011.jpg

IMAG0012.jpg

TimP

I guess 1 1/3 box per canister????

Hope ya got it all. :mrgreen:

Jim Nazarian

Name
Jim Nazarian
Between the vacuuming & slow back strokes at 600 psi I removed as much as possible.

They payed $3000.00 to have the house heat treated & mattresses wrapped so it wasn't my job to find bugs especially when I saw the mess that was my responsibility to clean up...I charged $175 just to vacuum.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Two questions... did I miss the discussion where corn starch kills bedbugs?? :shock:

And anybody else notice that not all the corn starch in that dust cup is white.. makes you wonder just what else was pulled out.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Corn starch is food for bedbugs.

Here is a remedy involving cornstarch:

Boric Acid & Corn Starch, equal mix put inside a shaker. the corn starch attracts them, the boric acid kills them. When boric acid is stepped on or ingested by bugs, they carry it to their family or colony and it will kill them all.

Dirtmonger

She may have been thinking also about dia....... uhm diatoma........ diatomaceous earth.

from Wikipedia

Pest control
Diatomite is also used as an insecticide, due to its physico-sorptive properties. The fine powder absorbs lipids from the waxy outer layer of insects' exoskeletons, causing them to dehydrate[7]. Arthropods die as a result of the water pressure deficiency, based on Fick's law of diffusion. This also works against gastropods and is commonly employed in gardening to defeat slugs. However, since slugs inhabit humid environments, efficacy is very low. It is sometimes mixed with an attractant or other additives to increase its effectiveness. Medical-grade diatomite is sometimes used to de-worm both animals and humans. It is most commonly used in lieu of boric acid, and can be used to help control and eventually eliminate a cockroach infestation. This material has wide application for insect control in grain storage.[8

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom