Just got my sealer......

TimP

Got my color sealer in today.....tomorrow I'm going to try to clean and color seal my countertop and backsplash. More pictures will follow....I'm pretty excited to see how it turns out as my countertops are in need. I've also got my in-laws floor to do and grandmother in-laws floor to do so that's why I got 3 different colors....I should have it down by the time I'm done and be ready for business!!! Our counter top is going to be pearl....

IMG_3061.jpg

Also notice the "FLUFFY" carpet in the background....I cleaned that yesturday as our cat brought in a dead (she killed it) baby rabbit and degutted it while we were asleep.......luckily there was no blood or fluids that I could tell :shock:

TimP

Before and afters of the cleaning.....I'm waiting for it to dry good before I get going on the sealing. And yes I know it's filthy before but we are busy and don't have time to keep a spotless house all week long.

Normally I would use acid and have better results but I'm color sealing so I just alkaline scrubbed and rinsed.....

Before
IMG_3062.jpg

After
IMG_3067.jpg

Before
IMG_3064.jpg

After
IMG_3068.jpg

Before
IMG_3066.jpg

After
IMG_3070.jpg

Before
IMG_3065.jpg

After
IMG_3071.jpg

Color Seal pictures to follow

TimP

Mission completion for sure.....check it out. Not too hard to do for sure. I think it looks good for my first time....

IMG_3072.jpg

IMG_3073.jpg

IMG_3074.jpg

IMG_3075.jpg

IMG_3076.jpg

TimP

Never color sealed before. I've grouted and layed tile though. In fact me and my wife layed the tile there. Of course it's not perfect. There is some color seal on the tile but you can barely even see it now cause it's so close to the tile color. But most of it is pretty clean.

One tip I have.....get a toothbrush without the blue indicator for replacement. Two times blue dye or something bled while scrubbing and I had to wipe it off. Second don't be affraid to do a good bit ahead of you. I think it will be easier with bigger tiles on the floor and I'm planning to do some 13" tiles next week on some days off.

All I can say this stuff isn't hard at all....you can't hardly screw it up and it looks awesome....even better than the pics in person to me. The only thing you could screw up is getting sealer on the tile. And if you have to it scrapes off....I would say it's the equivilent of paint. It smells looks and acts like paint to me. It may be harder on a rough tile....this tile is completly slick so it may make it easier to fix. Like I said I have some floor tile that's more rough to try and see if it's harder. Right now I'm more concerned with longevity of the product before I go out and start selling it. The product says wait 7 days before you get it wet and start cleaning.

Anyways all you guys that aren't doing it.....need to go to a carpet supply store and get you some grout color samples. And find somewhere to do some for free. Get some practice and go make some cash. You wont ever learn till you try and know you can fix it if you screw up!!!

TimP

Thanks for the compliments everyone.

I recommend anyone who wants to add another high profit service to their biz that they get into color sealing!!!

Easier than carpet.....but probably harder on the back on the floor. The whole job took about 4 hours and probably would be equal to 350 ft on the floor of grout since I used about half a container of sealer. I figure the job would bill at least 400 bucks in my hood.....that's on the lower side. I think it's around 200-250 ft of 6x6 tiles.

TimP

Shoot only if I was organized to do that, although who wants training from a beginner.

Not much training needed though....just go and do it, don't be affraid to mess up!! Cause that's how you learn. You never learn anything big by doing something right....

If you got questions ask!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom